Crooks Hijack Online Brokerage Accounts

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by eagle488, Oct 14, 2006.

1. Thanks to everyone!!

Don

#41     Oct 25, 2006
  2. Mvic

Mvic

Test your computer at www.grc.com
    I can recommend zonelabs.com firewall and spyware apps and CA's eztrust antivirus software.

#42     Oct 25, 2006
  3. Does all these firewall/antivirus stuff protect you when
    you use your laptop in a wireless environment and all
    the crook who is sitting nearby needs is to trace your key strokes
    just for the password (He will then log into your account another
    time without even the need the hack into it)?

#43     Oct 29, 2006
  4. Chagi

Chagi

Why not just keep a secondary, secure computer for private transactions. One could even stick it behind a second firewall to "hide" it from the rest of your network.

Summary is that you use one computer for gaming, web surfing, stock charting, etc.; and another computer for secure transactions.

#44     Oct 29, 2006
  5. Rocko1

Rocko1

I totally forgot to mention something.
    There's an easy solution for potential malware/spyware hackers try to install on your machine:

Create a Limited user account (via Start- Control Panel- User Accounts) and only log in the administrative account when you need to delete/modify/install important software programs.
    On a limited account, Windows will not allow anything "new" or "unexpected" to be installed, and it will stop anything from modifying your existing files. This will greatly enhance your security, and make you virtually immune to keylogging software from being installed.

#45     Oct 29, 2006
  6. No need to go through all that software jargon. Headache...

Maybe a hardware key is the solution...i.e. you need a personalized/unique small usb device that confirms you are really the trading acct holder (like the good old days for AUTOCAD)

#46     Oct 29, 2006
  7. #47     Oct 29, 2006