crocodile

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by jgadefelth, Jan 27, 2006.

1. The program is metastock, a lousy peice of junk i couldnt recommend to anyone, a lot of people seem to like it though.

The indicators, gawd im not even sure now.
    Standard bollinger bands, one standard parabolic sar, another sar set at .07 i think, an 18-44 macd , a mid time frame macd, and the groovy little signal line macd, set at 3-8-4.
    The moving averages are guppy mma's, a 3 period linear regression line, ( to pick up discrepancies from the 3-8-4 ,a particular reversal pattern i look for )
    and the paint bar study is barbara starr's 5 bar reversal, i think. That can be darn handy, ive established.

Most of its just to make the chart look pretty, but i look for divergence on two-three time frames, and i hate looking at weekly/monthly charts.

#11     Jan 27, 2006
  2. Williams alligator is a mix of 3 delayed averages.
    The author attempts to introduce the Golden Ratio relations into T/A by using the numbers 3, 5, 8, 13. *
    Note also that he originally used Wilders MA, not the simple one.
    A ready-to-use formula is in
    http://www.amibroker.com/library/detail.php?id=100
    [Since Steve wrote this code long time ago, you should replace A by Avg in order to update the formula].
    My opinion : If you dont have other T/A tools, then you may use it but you will have the usual problem of the MAs, the signal is a bit late...

*Similar attempts define the Fibonacci levels. I never understood why they try to introduce specific math or artistic relations into T/A applications. If nothing else, the trading behavior is often ugly and does not need advanced aesthetics to make it better.

#12     Jan 28, 2006
  3. #13     Jan 28, 2006
  4. thanks TSOKAKIS

but my program strategy runner dont have parabolic sar. i kind of like the moving average but as you sad they are somtimes little slow is there some other way to make them better? or maybe combine them with somthing else og the few tools i got?

Best Regards John

#14     Jan 28, 2006
  5. Well, it would be better to follow the advice of your software vendor.

#15     Jan 30, 2006