'Croatian Elon Musk' Unleashes 256 MPH Electric Hypercar With Nearly 2,000 Horsepower, Insane 0-60

Discussion in 'Science and Technology' started by Banjo, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Overnight

Overnight

Fossil fuels will never ever go away so long as these jamokes show up.

"On display in the factory’s modest reception area is the battery pack from the Koenigsegg Regera gas-electric hybrid supercar. This brick of circuitry is, Rimac claims, the highest power-density battery of its kind, capable of discharging at 500 kilowatts—about the output of a Dodge Hellcat at full honk—from a box weighing 143 pounds, about the size and shape of a sofa cushion. -WSJ

3. Pikton

Pikton

I think the next 10-15 years will see global changes in the automotive industry

4. Banjo

Banjo

Marc Andreessen once pronounced "software changes everything" and it does. He left something out. Materials engineering. Without the materials to build CPU's for software to run on it's meaningless. Materials engineering is the base of everything, the key,impetus of paradigm shifts of human behavior, reorganization. For electric transport this requires advances in battery tech. Research is rapidly progressing. By 2030 1,000 mile range in elec. cars is easily not a fantasy.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2019
    Pikton likes this.
  5. Pikton

Pikton

Moreover, it is not only electric transport that has prospects.
    I would add hydrogen engines.
    If it wasn't for the pressure from the main oil producers, it would also be a reality.

6. maxpi

maxpi

The problem with a hydrogen fuel cell is that if it explodes it takes out a city block... I'm thinking that the engineering to make that tech safe just isn't here yet.

7. Cuddles

Cuddles

ever seen a scuba tank?