Critique my New Trading website.... what sucks, what to add?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by KCalhoun, Dec 27, 2020.

1. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Trading education is really competitive nowadays... I just updated my site.

Can you let me know your candid thoughts on what I should improve at www.trademastery.com ?

First impressions, what should I add that's missing, what's confusing etc.?

Brief honest comments are great... much appreciated.

2. Bugenhagen

Bugenhagen

As I'm not a stock trader to any degree (futures) I had a look to see if could sway me.

Its actually pretty decent Ken in a "salesy" way I like you get your face in fast, shows openness as does the domain registration being registered to somebody, not just hidden, a good sign of you are who you are.

[​IMG]

I don't like the TM, the swoosh.. it looks like a strikeout and is just getting my attention in the wrong way. People are used to seeing it as Trade Mark and its in the wrong place, a design no-no. This could be improved.

Modular pricing breakdown is good, its a bit high as presented, value prop is not clear? As usual is he an actual trader or just instructor/paper? hmmm... that does not really matter to somebody who knows how to trade but its important to many putting a few K down. I did however find too many past domains.. that removed some confidence.

Obviously more infinity pools, a pony tail and a red car pics ;)

Its good, not gripping but for middle ability to pop traders it will work.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Robert Morse and KCalhoun like this.
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Thanks -- great feedback! Agree with your points. I trade live most days, your comment makes me realize I should do a better job of showing that, with PnL examples of wins and stops and lessons learned etc.

You have some thoughtful ideas, thx much. Fresh eyes helps.

Right re value prop needs better clarity, eg they get 30+ hours live market coaching for as little as 97/month.

Will give thought to logo design, makes sense

Last edited: Dec 27, 2020
    Bugenhagen and Robert Morse like this.
  4. fan27

fan27

The Help button in the bottom right corner completely covers up two social media buttons and you can't move the Help button.

KCalhoun likes this.
  5. nursebee

nursebee

The ONLY thing I care about when considering vendors or services in a trading arena are what the track records are. I don't care about what people say. If you are teaching something, I want to know what your track record is, otherwise it is all just fancy paint on BS.

Nobody really does this which is why I don't pay any attention to others.

I could not find your track record.

None of the written testimonials talked about profits. They talked about things like confidence, not about $$$$.

Show me the G D money!

6. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

thanks for letting me know, I completely respect where you're coming from. The only reason I don't track and post performance-related data is out of an abundance of caution to not run afoul of FTC and sec compliance regulations. The main benefit traders have found in working with me is to benefit from my lessons learned and strategies for identifying good trade setups. I do not make performance or profitability claims because that is for registered Investment advisors, not for those of us who publish information. let me know if you have any suggestions on how to best present the value of working with me, without having to track and post performance-related data. I certainly get it, eg how do people know that I am worth learning from? Thousands have over 20 years, but I'd really like to be able to connect the dots in a way that stays compliant and demonstrates value. Thanks

7. nursebee

nursebee

Good trade set ups are defined by profits.
    How could you get in trouble? Prove it (show the rules)
    If one just publishes info, one can certainly choose to publish personal data such as performance.

How can you claim your info is good if not by profits?
    Otherwise you are selling confidence.

I think you likely CHOOSE to not publish data not per law or dictum but per good business decision making. I bet if you put out data on profits from trading, especially if audited, then you could not maintain business.

You don't even have profitable trade references from customers.

I did not come gunning for you, you held up the target and asked for shots.

8. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I appreciate your comments, I just want to make sure that I stay compliant. over the years I've had many customers write in with specific success anecdotes, but since I cannot verify that I don't publish it.

if anything, the people I do not trust are the YouTubers posting performance claims of making $100,000 a day trading cheap stocks type of BS.

So I stay content publishing strategies based on my lessons learned in the hopes that it helps other active traders. granted it does not sell as well as making outlandish performance claims, but at least I'm honest.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2020
  9. nursebee

nursebee

That is an interesting link you provide. It seems to suggest that people that lie get in trouble. Just tell the truth...

KCalhoun likes this.
  10. Trading is not everyone’s cup of tea. You need to put a lot of effort to make it work for you. Even if you are taking recommendations from someone, remember that if you don’t have any knowledge about that, you won’t be able to apply it anywhere.

#10     May 21, 2021