Critics mock Palin's 'helping hand' at Tea Party speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Feb 9, 2010.

1. TGregg

TGregg

The few times I've paid attention to Palin I have not been impressed. I think she might make a decent governor, maybe a congress critter, but not POTUS, not even cabinet. Then I see the libs with as much hatred for her as they have for Rush Limbaugh - if not more.

The only conclusion I can draw is they think she is a very credible threat relative to the current admistration. She's weak but this can only mean The One is even more weak.

Palin gives a speech - the mascot for the nasty, corrupt, hate-filled racist conservatives - and all the libtards got is "OoOoO she wrote notes on her hand!"? WTF? Not even a racist spin? I'm not a Palin fan, but you libtards are embarrasing yourselves.

I'd pick her over McCain though. But I do wish the republicans could put up a candidate I could wholeheartedly endorse.

#41     Feb 9, 2010
  2. TGregg

TGregg

Sure. He currently holds the office of President of the US Senate.

:D :D :D

#42     Feb 9, 2010
  3. To the extent that idiots are allowed to procreate and vote, she and those like her are potentially a credible threat to the entire country. Fortunately, the prospect of her getting sufficient traction is presently laughable. But it's never wise to disregard nuisances that can grow into menacing problems due to neglect. And so, although I think the sporting among us would be entertained by the prospect of Palin being a presidential candidate in 2012, there is always a risk when playing chicken.

#43     Feb 9, 2010
  4. Ricter

Ricter

Yes. Demography is destiny. The right correctly fears the fecundity of Islam for the same reason.

#44     Feb 9, 2010
  5. I admit that some of the demonstration footage I saw of Muslims seeking Sharia law in the UK made me vaguely uncomfortable.

#45     Feb 9, 2010
  6. Ricter

Ricter

That is scary, yes, but consider for a moment also the fact that half of the world's population has below average intelligence!

; )

#46     Feb 9, 2010
  7. This is just the kind of sneering condescension that is reflected in the mainstream media and which accounts for a huge percentage of voters having no trust or respect for it. As I wrote in an earlier post, it is all about discrediting opposing leaders rather than any kind of honest discussion of issues.

I don't want to wallow in the gutter with you, but I would be very surprised if your actual premise, that Palin supporters are substandard in intelligence, is accurate. In fact, I would expect that on average they would overshadow obama supporters, just as numerous surveys have shown that conservatives are far better informed than liberals. Obama no doubt has a disproportionate share of high IQ supporters, but his bread and butter are clearly the ACORN thugs and their welfare base. Palin's supporters and the Tea Partyers in general tend to be middle class, solid citizen types, who have become increasingly appalled by the excesses of the political class and obama's rigid ideological mindset.

The irony of her being at the head of the angry mob waving pitchforks is that the republican party is as terrified of her as the dems, maybe more so. She is Pat Buchanan on steroids, someone who could derail republican presidential hopes with a third party candidacy.

#47     Feb 9, 2010
  8. Why would she write it on her hand and make it so obvious? something dosent sound right

#48     Feb 9, 2010
  9. Listened to Spam Hannity for 5 minutes today.

Some caller was talking about how well Palin did this weekend, both Hannity and the caller were gushing about how she was able to answer all the questions...

Can expectations of this mutant woman be any lower?

Then of course Hannity and the caller blamed the press for Palin's image problems...

#49     Feb 9, 2010
  10. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNXfEpBuLrY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eNXfEpBuLrY&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

#50     Feb 9, 2010