Critics mock Palin's 'helping hand' at Tea Party speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by tmarket, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Palin was reportedly paid $100,000.00 for the speech. I think any reasonable person would have spent a little more than a few minutes on that speech.

#21     Feb 9, 2010
  2. I'm guessing that Obama didn't palm any "hand-written" notes during the Republican retreat Q&A, where he helped clean a clock or two. And yet, the Right continues its fascination about teleprompters. Just more of the double standard that the Right revels in and which has become Palin's trademark. Integrity is sooo overrated, isn't it, Sarah et al?

#22     Feb 9, 2010
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

:D

Well just try to keep YOUR Sanctimony and vacuity under control.

Maybe you'll be alright.

Not to change the subject but here is a real opportunity for you, as an Obama worshiper, to get your hands on a piece of Obama memorabilia.

Indonesian group wants Obama statue torn down

I bet you can get it on the cheap.

Apparently his "global appeal may be waning."

#23     Feb 9, 2010
  4. --------------------------------------------------------------------

"On April 18, 2006, Palin and I sat together in a hotel coffee shop comparing campaign trail notes. As we talked about the debates, Palin made a comment that highlights the phenomenon that Biden is up against.

"Andrew, I watch you at these debates with no notes, no papers and yet when asked questions you spout off facts, figures and policies and I'm amazed. But then I look out into the audience and I ask myself, 'Does any of this really matter?' " Palin said."

http://www.adn.com/opinion/sarah-palin/story/539459.html

#24     Feb 9, 2010
  5. Sarah Palin isn't stupid. She has done in her life more than most people have.

I don't think she is a genius but I think she has enough intelligence to make good decisions and
    to show strategic skill that gets things done right.
    Her track record of doing so is substantial in wins against the bureaucratic,
    big money manipulative and corruption oriented interests.

I would rather support a leader of lesser intelligence and greater wisdom, ethics,
    integrity, strategic skill and morals rather than one who is a murderous criminal
    and thief who's strategies are amoral and self-serving and wicked.

It is amazing that the criminal ilk of this administration and their supporters lack even the
    slightest clarity or monumental value of that issue and like to play the intelligence game
    when the issue is quality and integrity of leadership.

I would absolutely support a ticket that had Sarah Palin on it ... better yet a ticket that had Beck and Palin.

The best decisions in leadership do not come from their own genius but the ability to hire and delegate genius
    and decide the best course based on wisdom and integrity and what is the right thing to do before a just God.

The administration we have now only affirms severe lack of integrity and wisdom;
    worse yet the illegal czar appointments demonstrate an oppressive agenda and
    breach of trust with the American people and a dangerously perverse lack of integrity.

#25     Feb 9, 2010
  6. We can all agree that we've reached an interesting intersection in American politics where there is almost zero communication between opposing factions. Instead of debating issues, the effort is to demonize leaders of the opposing faction. It is the tribalization of politics.

We see this phenomenom in the third world all the time. The population distrusts, often with very good reason, the central government and instead invests in a tribal identity. Such societies are usually rife with corruption and violence, because tribal loyalties completely overshadow larger concepts of morality, fairness or justice.

Our political parties are facing an existential crisis. Both the radical left and the Tea Partyers are openly contemptuous of the national parties they nominally support. They will accept deviation from ideological orhodoxy only under the most extreme conditions, such as the support for Scott Brown in Mass even though he seems to favor the gay agenda and abortion. Of course, so did Mitt Romney when running for governor of that state.

Such conditions explain the rise of leaders such as Obama and Palin. Neither has the background, experience and record to be a Senator, much less President, but they are skillful at marshalling their tribal supporters and each has qualities that resonate deeply with their tribe. John Edwards and George Bush were similar figures.

Ironically, reforms designed in the best of faith to lessen the influence of party bosses brought us to this point. In the bad old days of smoke-filled rooms, the party bosses and kingmakers at least knew the candidates and their strengths and weaknesses. We got plenty of bad candidates and empty suits and a few war heroes, but in general we avoided the sort of vacuous radicalism Obama has brought. Now we have traded the back rooms for the executive suites of media empires, who can make or break a candidate with favorable coverage or by ignoring them.

#26     Feb 9, 2010
  7. Well said !

I may not fully agree with you but find your post insightful and refreshing and wise in exposing
    the frailties of a society in trouble and those symptoms reflected in the political realm.

Thanks for your post.

#27     Feb 9, 2010
  8. Pehaps you should change your name to unretarded. Imagine the irony.

#28     Feb 9, 2010
  9. Comparing Palin to Obama just cost you whatever remnants may have been left of your credibility. Perhaps we should observe a moment of silence at this passing...

#29     Feb 9, 2010
  10. A lot of people are trying to explain America's decline over the past two decades. We need look no further than this. It's indicative of an endemic problem in the education system. People like this aren't willfully ignorant (like a few noted members here). They are honestly ignorant. What type of mind does it take to think that Sarah Palin would make a good President?? It's truly hard to believe. The only thing that's stranger is that there are so many of them.

It makes me sad. When I was growing up, I felt instinctively that America was the greatest country on the planet.

#30     Feb 9, 2010