Criminalizing criticism of Israel is the end of free speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by W4rl0ck, May 10, 2009.

1. Tresor

Tresor

Do you have any statistics?

#31     May 16, 2009
  2. Oh come on! I don't think this kind of statistics exists but what has been going on in Iraq has been pretty well documented. It's all that tribal, shia vs sunni violence, beheadings, kidnappings, explosions in mosques and markets, suicide attacks etc that have taken the lion's share of the civilian life in iraq and guess what, it's not american MO.

There's been a million of Iraqi eyewitness reports claiming that they were terrified to come out of their houses. They were not terrified of american troops, they were terrified of the lawlessness and violence in the streets of Iraqi cities, they were terrified of thugs, religious fanatics, suicide attacks, kidnappings... Come on, even the harshest and looniest critics of the US don't go as far as to claim that american troops are doing most of the killings.

#32     May 16, 2009
  3. Actually here is one such report:

Punctured by bullets or torn by bombs, broken bodies keep coming into Baghdad’s main morgue.

Iraqis were suffering a heavy toll from crime, tribal revenge killings, terrorist bombings and fighting between coalition troops and insurgents.

An Associated Press survey of deaths in the first 12 months of the occupation found that more than 5,000 Iraqis died violently in just Baghdad and three provinces. The toll from both criminal and political violence ran dramatically higher than violent deaths before the war

The figure does not include most people killed in big terrorist bombings, Hassan said. The cause of death in such cases is obvious so bodies are usually not taken to the morgue, but given directly to victims’ families.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5045166/

#33     May 16, 2009
  4. Tresor

Tresor

Never claimed US killed in Iraq more people than fanatics did. Just asked for statistics because was curious of the facts.

#34     May 16, 2009
  5. Tresor

Tresor

#35     May 16, 2009
  6. Fair enough. I absolutely did not mean to imply that you were making such claim either, sorry I did not express myself more clearly.

#36     May 16, 2009
  7. The more I hear about emanuel, the more I become convinced he is satan personified. That is an evil little punk.

#37     May 16, 2009

8. I could care less about any of that. But, by God don't restrict my freedom of speech. And if this is true about Emanuel........you should be against it too.

#38     May 16, 2009
  9. Oh, not again. There is not a single word in the legislature restricting your freedom of speech. You've just fallen victim to arab lies and propaganda.

Here are the links to two bills mentioned in the original post. Please read them carefully and see for yourself whether any of these two bills (or both of them combined) restrict your freedom of speech and/or criminalize criticism of Israel as the title of this thread suggests. Please pay special attention to sec 8 of the second bill which "Declares that nothing in this Act shall be construed to prohibit the exercise of constitutionally-protected free speech".
    Once you're done reading, please let us know whether you are still concerned that your freedom of speech will be restricted. Thank you.

http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=108_cong_public_laws&docid=publ332.108

http://www.washingtonwatch.com/bills/show/111_HR_1913.html

#39     May 16, 2009
  10. The United States has no business sticking its nose in this hornet's nest. Support for Israel is one thing. Civil Rights Act covers this for all Americans. What about a anti-black bill or an anti-Jehovah's Witness bill or whatever you want to name. It is wrong and unfair. period.

#40     May 16, 2009