Criminalizing criticism of Israel is the end of free speech

Discussion in 'Politics' started by W4rl0ck, May 10, 2009.

1. Muslims complaining in any way about almost any other race/religion/group is perhaps one of the most laughable things in the history of Homo Sapiens.

The religion where a Muslim can be executed for converting to another religion (and this is even supported by MODERATE muslims).

Now, how do Jews or Christians who live in Islamic/Arab countries get treated?

#11     May 14, 2009
  2. The whole world is aware of absence of many liberties of the Western world in the Muslim world.
    Of course the whole world is aware of it, too bad all those uber-liberal, self-proclaimed "human rights" activists have not done a single freaking thing about this issue in the last 50 years. They are too busy bashing Israel and ranting and raving about the US all day long I suppose to pay attention to real horrific medieval atrocities going on in the land of Islam. In fact these clowns consider all these Islamo-nazis to be their close allies in their struggle against american/israeli imperialism.

The law in many (if not all) Muslim countries allow for beating a wife.
    the law in many Muslim countries allows things that are infinitely more horrible and reprehensible than wife beating

The article about the Global Anti-Semitism Review Act and our discussion in an earlier thread made some of us AWARE that the liberty of speach might be at danger.
    The legislature explicitly stated that constitutional freedoms including freedom of speech will be protected. I thought we had come to an understanding on this issue and frankly I am quite surprised we have to go over it once again.

The definition of anti-Semitism was extended (in some unfortunately not defined cases) to non-human concepts: (i) a political movement and (ii) a state, in sentence:''vilification of Zionism, the Jewish national movement, and incitement against Israel''.
    It's not a secret that a lot (and I mean a huge number) of anti-semites knowing full well that anti-semitism is not popular are masquerading as more politically correct anti-zionists. They are of course not fooling anyone and the legislature simply reflects this new reality, it would be foolish to ignore it. Having said that, while the definition of anti-semitism may be slightly changing, the whole issue has absolutely no effect on our freedoms and no one is criminalizing anti-semitism or anti-zionism.

The real fear of sameeh and Co is that the legislature is exposing (not criminalizing) anti-Zionism in some of its forms as anti-semitism. But that's exactly what they bargained for when they got in bed with Jew-hating lunatics of all stripes, nationalities and political leanings.

#12     May 14, 2009
  3. W4rl0ck

W4rl0ck

Let's see - Paul Craig Roberts - doesn't sound Muslim to me.

If you're trying to imply I'm Muslim you're also wrong. You must be very used to being wrong, so no surprise to you I'm sure.

With such dim bulbs defending the psychotic zionist effort it looks like there might be some hope for the US Constitution and Bill of Rights after all.

Oh wait, is mentioning the Constitution and Bill of Rights considered "hate speech"? Should I await a call from Abe Fauxman? LOL.

BTW - please try to keep arguing whatever point you may think you have. It's great comedic relief.

#13     May 14, 2009
  4. This Paul Craig Roberts?

March 30, 2008
    Russians, Saudis Expect U.S. Attack On Iran
    By Paul Craig Roberts

The US Congress, the US media, the American people, and the United Nations, are looking the other way as Cheney prepares his attack on Iran.
    http://www.vdare.com/roberts/080330_iran.htm

Yep, Cheney's attack on Iran, the Jewish attack on freedom of speech, no less - what a credible dude he is, isn't he? LOL. But like most charlatans he's got his followers of course - brain-dead morons and lunatics like you.

#14     May 14, 2009
  5. Tresor

Tresor

The Global Anti-Semitism Review Act does not say a single word on the protection of ''constitutional freedoms including freedom of speech''.

It is The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009 that protects the freedom of speech.

As you already wrote once: These two pieces of legislature have absolutely nothing in common.

Regards

#15     May 14, 2009
  6. The Global Anti-Semitism Review Act does not say a single word on the protection of ''constitutional freedoms including freedom of speech''.
    It does not say a single word about "criminalizing criticism of Israel" either. Please note the title of this thread and your own statement in your previous post that "freedom of speech might be in danger". This Act has been in effect for five years, obviously these concerns are absolutely baseless bordering in fact on typical anti-semitic insinuations.

It is The Local Law Enforcement Hate Crimes Prevention Act of 2009 that protects the freedom of speech.
    and it was this act that was mentioned by these two clowns (sameeh and wr4lock) to spew the "criticism of Israel will become illegal" lies even though the bill has a clause explicitely guaranteeing the protection of freedom of speech.

As you already wrote once: These two pieces of legislature have absolutely nothing in common.
    I am glad we agree. Because the idiot who started this thread claims that the combination of these two bills will "criminalize criticism of Israel".

#16     May 14, 2009
    #17     May 15, 2009
  8. I asked you a question and I am asking you again a_person, define, in a legal term, what does combating mean?
    "Combating" is not a legal term and can't therefore be in any way shape or form considered "criminalization". You combat illiteracy or obesity, that does not mean people go to jail.

Why do you have to be a Zionist a_person?
    Because I support israel's right to exist, because I believe in the right of the jewish people to have a homeland, especially given the fact that your medieval fanatical tribe has 23 homelands (which they've all turned into stinking sharia-based shitholes, while those pesky jews have turned their one little homeland into a beautiful garden.

Is that how you think you can succeed in silencing people?
    WTF are you talking about, you're not silent, nor are your jew-hating cronies.

In many examples, intimidation and hostile actions were taken against people or organizations, be it Jewish or non Jewish, that resulted in sever consequences of the criticizer.
    Criminalization means prosecution and imprisonment, that most normal people regard anti-zionists as morons and idiots and act accordingly have nothing to do with "criminalization of criticism of Israel"

The campaigns and the pressure imposed on the academic community, as in the case of Norman Filkenstein,
    The clown was kicked out of the academic community...by the academic community. He had serious attitude problems, coupled with issues related to his academic honesty, integrity and objectivity. Good material for Jihadists but a lousy scientist and educator.

#18     May 15, 2009
  9. Tresor

Tresor

As far as I know there is a Jewish minority in Iran. This minority has one representative in Iranian parliament.

But for sure there is a strong anti-Christian and anti-Jewish sentiment among ordinary people due to latest Western invasions of Arab's lands

Regards

#19     May 15, 2009
  10. great, lets see you prove you are not a Muslim

In your next post, you can post that you believe:

1) that YOU are not a Muslim

2) that Allah does not exist

3) that Allah is not God

4) that Muhammed was NOT the prophet of Allah

5) that the religion of Islam is completely and totally false.

6) that you renounce and and all claims or expectations of eternal life from Allah

7) that you curse the names of Allah and Muhammad publicly and for all to hear

8) that your many virgins can be given to someone else :D

If you cannot do this, then it kind of shows what you are. I can freely attest to all those things above and sleep soundly at night.

You already have announced in that post that you are NOT Muslim, so the rest should be easy,

#20     May 15, 2009