CREE - strong close today

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by topdown, Jun 20, 2007.

1. topdown

topdown

General Electric Isn't Interested In Purchasing Cree -Source
    10:33 AM EDT September 4, 2007

(MORE TO FOLLOW) Dow Jones Newswires
    09-04-07 1033ET
    Copyright (c) 2007 Dow Jones & Company, Inc.

That's the reason for the drop.

#21     Sep 4, 2007
  2. ....

yes it did my friend! Wow it's september bro wake up!

This stock gets my vote as Nicest stock of the year I think, what a force today....
    CREE is now testing its 2 1/2 year declining tops resistance line here. Could back off to retest which I'm hoping for I don't own it folks!!! or consolidate , But a definitive breakout here could explode it and send Topdown racing off to the local highway for that roadside assistance... wacky weed >>CREE presses $30!! Now $3.20 off the early low & showing NO signs of abating my god! It's STOCKZILLA!
    > This is a VERY powerful intraday pattern!! And I don't own it... I own BRLC of course!!!! Not this... It's getting close to the time we should consolidate (oct) and put all invested funds into three stocks... CREE would be one for sure.... And CMED that's another STOCKZILLA (I think I should trademark that folks forget you heard it!) ... still looking for a third... As always~ stoney

#22     Sep 14, 2007
  3. Backed off and hitting $30 today does Stoney buy the pullback? No. Does he chase like a silly fool?

Where is Topdown! I'm starting to get worried he got a big head over that Cowboy team and gave up stocks...

LISTEN UP FOLKS! >
    CREE trraded 1/2 million share block about 12 min ago & another 440,000 share block a couple min agao! I think (but am not sure) on the buy side since the stock popped.....

#23     Sep 19, 2007
  4. Man that was an easy buck! >
    CREE passes $31, now +$1.84.
    ~SI

#24     Sep 19, 2007
  5. topdown

topdown

I'm still in and lovin' it
    :D

#25     Sep 19, 2007
  6. Finally! Are you still in BRLC that is the question?
    I know you tripped out and got back in as I took the miners shaft down... you are too quick to be fooled by the illusions of trickery which are apparently going on under the hood at BRLC. BIG BOX ANNOUNCEMENT rescue that is what I'm hoping for, geez I have a huge loss what a idiot not to maintain a stop on this (wouldn't of worked anyway gapped through) how after all this time, years of this story, did I get indoctrinated into the near sub human race of obsessed Syntax Brazillians...??? It's the neg of being a researcher once you run numbers and adjust for future growth this stk seemed so good... and people who say the flat panel thing is going to commoditize or get super cheap are way off base. These sets are built to self destruct in five years the upgrade cycle will be huge and quick and the affordable segment eventually I feel will be granted to BRLC & a plucky asian company or two... Am I rationalizing a hold. Maybe but that selfish man man Kramer was on TV goading his lemmings to sell the stock the other day so that's this final flush I hope.... What was this topic about? Oh Cree. Yes.

TD You are Creeman I know that I've had a hard time timing an entry point it's ride has been crazy yesterday, I may be pie in the sky but i think todays reetest and surge past $30 makes this a Green Light. Sure I wish I had bought at $25 in retrospect but I just wasn't sure about this name after GE said they weren't interested. Today Zacks did a piece and I'm sure this is helping in a big way-- incredibly it put the takeout with GE back on the table.

"CREE Could Soar with GE Buyout" They are screaming over there at Zacks.

I contacted the hedge fund I communicate with and asked them to track down the volume today it's mysteriously very hard to track though and from the midwest... some mutual fund I bet but are they buying into this Zack blog thing? Or are they doing their own research? Tough to say..

My theory is this some stocks are going to experience super spikes now. Heavily shorted sexy stocks may advance further than you would think due to Hedge Fund catchup effect as they try to nail down the next qtr %'s.....
    ~ stoney.

#26     Sep 19, 2007
  7. SELL AWAY EVERYONE STONEY IS FINALLY IN CREE!

Ha I can't believe I did it. $31.20 level slight daily retrace that was my only spot folks. I know I'll catch some flack from old timers but common' man if I don't get $36 out of this I'll be a monkey's index finger. And who knows where that's been? ~ stoney.

#27     Sep 19, 2007
  8. its strong again today. one of the few led plays left with the exception of LYTS.

#28     Sep 19, 2007
  9. Damnenforcer let the cat out of the bag why don't you.? I was going to bring up LYTS later this week. I bought 1000 at $19 which is big for me I think this is the real deal you turn your back it's $30 sort of play but I admit I bought in fear when I was consolidating in the downturn and looking for stable names it's not as sexy as CREE which is burning it up. Here's that Zack's Blog post by the way> CREE Could Soar with GE Buyout

Cree, Inc. CREE is one of the leading producers of Silicon Carbide (SiC) and Gallium Nitride (GaN)-based LEDs (light emitting displays). June quarter results beat the consensus on both the top and bottom lines.

Near-term revenue growth is likely to come from the lighting space, and notebooks seem to be next in line. However, new product ramp-up costs and low utilization rates are likely to keep the pressure on margins.

Recent rumors of a possible buyout by GE GE are resulting in a buoyant share price. We believe this could be a good time to accumulate shares. The company is a technological leader in the market in which it operates.

The potential for expansion into new end markets is substantial, and this potential is backed by an experienced R&D (research and development) team. The company has the new age lighting technology that makes it an attractive acquisition target for electrical giant GE.

The share price has been buoyant, and could go up sharply if such a deal is announced. We are encouraging investors to buy CREE shares, and are raising our target price to $35.

>> I forget the rules these days but is GE allowed to say We are not interested in Cree and then buy them? I think so it's competitive throw off other guys-type stuff not lying to shareholders.. or is it?

Back to LYTS kind of an island in the sky formation don't you think. i bet it's up $2 tomorrow just a hunch now that enforcer mentioned it. I haven't made any money with it even with yesterday... it's a ticking time bomb I just hope in a positive manner to my account....God Love Elite Trader where you can still find fair and balanced reporting & positive minds. ~ stoney

#29     Sep 19, 2007
  10. topdown

topdown

That whole GE thing was strange. Came out as a Dow Jones headline saying "Source - GE not interested in CREE - more to follow".

Never a follow thru story. Could the "source" have been a short hedge fund? Just sayin'.

#30     Sep 19, 2007