credit trading? itraxx? cdx? anyone?

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by man, May 11, 2005.

1. dont

dont

Don't mean to damn the mathematical approach. Just too much reliance on it. Thats all. Corr is exstremely volatile. I have doubts whether something so unstable exists.

#11     May 11, 2005
  2. man

man

this wonderful sentence makes my day. thnx a lot.

#12     May 12, 2005
  3. dont

dont

:confused:

#13     May 12, 2005
  4. man

man

"... I have doubts whether something so unstable exists. ..."

i am serious. i find the idea that corr does not exist because it is too unstable wonderful. and your sentence is philosophically ... inspiring.

peace

you are european???

#14     May 12, 2005
  5. dont

dont

Yes, I must admit I find this medium a bit difficult. It was a bit of a strange sentence.

I am very sceptical of anyone who thinks that they can trade something that they can't measure. Or you have exstreme difficultly measuring. Perhaps we should just accept that it doesn't exist in any meaniful way?

#15     May 12, 2005
  6. sle

sle

well, if you believe this is a temporary dislocation that will revert to "normal" soon - be a hero and sell equity protection vs. buy mezz. You can be delta neutral (at least in theory), pick up 200-250 bp carry, and take out enough cash to account for about the first 3 defaults in the CDX index. Whatever desk you do this trade with will love you - make sure you at least get some high class strippers out of it.

On the other hand, if you believe that this whole thing is an augur of even worse credit contagion ahead, then just buy mezz protection. It's so cheap right now. I guarantee you can't lose money. I want you to drive out of here in a new synthetic tranche today. You have to ask your wife? Come on, who wears the pants in this family?

#16     May 12, 2005
  7. man

man

sle

seems you had some experiences with salesServices ...

well, honestly speaking she wears pants today ...

#17     May 13, 2005
  8. dont

dont

I am gonna do the first one I want some high class strippers:D :D

#18     May 13, 2005
  9. man

man

btw why do i think i know you from somewhere?

#19     May 13, 2005
  10. sle

sle

done :)

#20     May 13, 2005