Credit Suisse downgrades Goldman.

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ktgtrader, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Anybody still interested in GS? Not new news but there have been multiple downgrades and haven't seen much talk about it in here. Credit Suisse lowered their est. but they still have a $250.00 price target. Basically what the analysts are saying is Goldman is worth much more, but sell here. Or just be prepared for the #$@ storm.

www.theoddlot.net

2. JCVR

JCVR

Downgrades are such BS...the analysts have NO IDEA what they are talking about. So you're telling me that I should sell but you expect the stock to go up ~47%...thanks CS. By doing that they are just hedging their bets so they can say "told you so" either way.

DB did the same thing, their target is 8% above yesterdays closing price. So an 8% return would be a bad thing for a buy and hold guy in a market like this?

They'll both end up maintaining those rating until GS is trading back over 230 again and then they will tell you to buy. Where were all the sell ratings last summer?

3. How much longer before all of the banks get into a "musical chairs" race to downgrade each other? A major bottom must be near. We'll see. :cool:

4. Credit suisses = MOTFOK
    LIKE they dont have any problem
    Thery fucking all manuplite the market so they can cover their shot while small pll like us get fucked

5. I agree, it makes no sense other than to jump get in on the beat down. Nobody wants to be the guy defending GS, today at least. Well someone will, in a few weeks after they pick some shares up on the cheap.