Credit Spreads

Discussion in 'Options' started by just21, Nov 18, 2002.

1. Trajan

Trajan

Sorry, I was too busy to reply immediately with what my original post was trying to imply. The reason behind my post was a concern that you were relying on websites sites for too much information. My experience has been they have been off somewhat with their models. I don’t remember looking at QCharts previously, but, it seems better than expected. Are you happy with it?

#41     Nov 22, 2002
  2. just21

just21

Qcharts is good though you need to check the option prices in TWS as they are very slow. I like the way you can link the monthly, weekly, daily and option price windows and only have to enter the symbol once. I couldn't understand the Ivolatility.com advanced ranker so I have switched to smartsearchxl by poweropt.com . You can search a database of twenty minute delayed prices for bull and bear credit spreads, as well as all other strategies, and filter the spreads by beta, to get rid of the really fast moving stocks, open interest, volume and about 20 other fundamental/technical fields including %otm and net credit. Now got to decide what to search on. Anyone else with poweropt want to build a scan?

SOld the UNH 95/100 dec call spread for .55 credit.

#42     Nov 22, 2002
  3. just21

just21

Sold IBM 80/75 dec put spread for .75 credit. What happened to the rally?

#43     Nov 22, 2002
  4. You scared it ...

#44     Nov 22, 2002
  5. just21

just21

As of today there are :-

Call Strike Distribution Ratio - 1.49
    29,145 ITM options 19,578 OTM options
    Put Strike Distribution Ratio - 1.05
    24,731 ITM options 23,633 OTM options

http://www.poweropt.com/marketstats.asp subscription required

I shall ask them to multiply the number of strikes by the open interest. I shall have to plot this on day of expiry.

#45     Nov 26, 2002
  6. NKNY

NKNY

I couldnt understand ivol either....also using power opt search for credit spreads. I look for at least 10 % out of money...I wish it was real time though... Callsandputs.com OTM over 30 ok also ....got a free trial with them....

nick

#46     Dec 3, 2002
  7. Have you looked into credit spreads using puts and calls on the same stock ??

#47     Dec 3, 2002
  8. my first options trade.....sold 10 DEC 40 puts for 1.45...bought 10 DEC 37.50 puts for .55.

RJR is around 40.60 currently.

RJR has a nice chart following yesterday's breakout, and is demonstrating nice relative strength today. plus, defensive money will help mitigate damage from the overall market, should it continue to weaken.

was strongly considering selling the 37.50 puts for .45 and buying the 35.00 puts at .20, but didn't. i think it would've been a higher probability play, since RJR would have to break a huge cluster of support to get there. probably should've just done that with bigger size.

#48     Dec 5, 2002