Credit score fanatics in the 800 Club" compete for top FICO scores

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by dealmaker, Mar 4, 2019.

1. dealmaker

dealmaker

""

2. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

upload_2019-3-4_13-17-49.png

dealmaker likes this.
  3. I had a 820 score, and then when I was out of town for a few months, my ex-wife filed a lawsuit that went into collections (it all happened without me even knowing - the mail was never delivered, they surely "served" me in a way that made sure I couldn't reply). By the time I figured out what happened, the credit reporting agency had put a debt on my profile that was "delinquent".

My bank (with whom I have a seven figure account) recently rejected a small line of credit backed by my liquid assets for the reason that I had not paid this delinquent account.

I now present to you the aforementioned delinquent account (note that these days are off for some reason):

upload_2019-3-4_13-22-11.png

I'm glad I make lots of money, I couldn't deal with this credit score thing. I ended up borrowing the money from myself and I am working on moving out of this bank.

Baron likes this.
  4. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

When moved in 2013, I applied for a home equity from 3 banks. My score dropped to 760 from the requests, The other item that lowers your score is a high balance on your Credit cards. I find it helps to send in money after the purchase to keep the outstanding balance low. I do that when every I buy anything over a set amount.

nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  5. When I signed up for cable, the punks ran a credit check without my authorization. I told them I would sue them (someone had recently won a $40K judgement, I referenced it in my emails) and like magic, it was removed.

I absolutely do not want this kind of system to be MORE prevalent. All it does is create nice little robots which are beneficial for the government and not society as a whole.

6. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

You can block your credit which requires releasing it before any credit check. I have a number of PM clients and futures clients that needed to do that to open an account. Both require a credit check. Those types of checks do not normally change your credit because there is no loan associated with it.

7. Yes I suppose I should be doing this. I just use the thing so rarely.

8. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

I get it... Low interest rate and subject to change without notice.

Bragging rights for being a slave to debt? LOL.
    Whatever floats that new boat!

Option_Attack likes this.
  9. wartrace

wartrace

841 right now. I only have two credit cards one of which is a "Lowes card" that I used once to get 15% off a new lawn tractor. I use the other card for rewards (paid off monthly) and I have a small Heloc that I use once in a while to avoid yearly fees.

I think what got me to 841 was a recent vehicle purchase. I was able to get 4500 off if I financed with Ford motor credit. I paid it off a few months into the loan.

I don't care much about a "perfect" credit score but sometimes using credit (briefly) is advantageous.

#10     Mar 4, 2019