Credit Cards Lowering Limits

Discussion in 'Economics' started by logikos, Feb 26, 2010.

1. they may see a large number of stolen cards shopping at walmart. it is not about the poor shopping there.

#21     Feb 26, 2010
  2. Of course, they are... but by comparison to the favored customers (where CC company earns ALSO high interest rate, late charges, over limit charges), the Deadbeats are small potatoes.

#22     Feb 26, 2010
  3. GG1972

GG1972

Citi prolly doesnt like walmart--banks charge merchants such as walmart etc a fixed % from 1% to as high as 4-5% for each transaction--knowing walmart, citi probably pays them for use of their credit cards LOL But seriously even if they charge walmart !5 thats cutting into their bottom line and you guys know walmart bitches about every cent

#23     Feb 26, 2010
  4. i just hope they dont end airline bonus cards. every year i get a free ticket to fly to somewhere warm.
    i put every dime i spend on a credit card and pay it off every month. 0 cost to me plus i get free airline tickets.

#24     Feb 26, 2010
  5. Credit card companies are implementing stricter application requirements especially those under the age of 21. However, I don't they they are lowering the credit limits.

Just 2 days ago, a friend of mine got approved for a CLI.

#25     Feb 26, 2010
  6. where did you hear this?

#26     Feb 28, 2010
  7. jprad

jprad

How much ability-to-service-revolving-debt power has the economy lost since the recession started?

#27     Feb 28, 2010

8. Did you Super Size the meals? That was probably what triggered the fraud alert. :D

#28     Feb 28, 2010
  9. maxpi

maxpi

I'm thinking of using a prepaid Visa card for everything. It's not real likely that I can get a CC after stiffing them.... it's weird though, I have a 695 score with one outstanding bill still on the record and 695 is above average. I'm thinking that they won't care what charges I have or where in the world they are incurred on a prepaid Visa.

All this stuff is set up for illegal aliens; ATM machines in 7-11 stores can do about anything including transfer money to Mexico with cash as the input to the machine, prepaid Visas are good anywhere in the world afaik and you can pay cash and make up your name, I'm Prince Charles on my prepaid phone, I told them if the Queen calls I'm not in...

#29     Feb 28, 2010
  10. I had 16 credit cards with 410k of limits in 2008:

LOL....at least your paper wealthy....

#30     Feb 28, 2010