Credit Cards Lowering Limits

Discussion in 'Economics' started by logikos, Feb 26, 2010.

1. buylo

buylo

My apologies. I'm hungover and geeked up on Mountain Dew trying trade Fixed Income.

I'm a little touchy.

#11     Feb 26, 2010
  2. LOL, check your math!

#12     Feb 26, 2010
  3. Should be considered "good math" by most ET standards.. :D

#13     Feb 26, 2010
  4. last whole week i was using my credit card to buy lunch and dinner as i was short in cash and i didnt fell like removieg cash from the atm
    Citi called me right away asking me if i had the card in my possesion and that they see alot of small charges
    ( do u call this activity suspicious )
    $7.50 MCdonald Feb 17
    $7.50 Mcdonald Feb 18
    $9 .44 Walgreen Feb 18
    I dont think so '
    They are keeping a watch on how people are using their credit card for a sudden change
    They are watching us :)

#14     Feb 26, 2010
  5. Good idea to notify customer service that you plan to purchase a Big Mac and Fries.. wouldn't want them to panic.

#15     Feb 26, 2010
  6. That happens with my amex when i go a long time without using it. pretty standard across the industry.

#16     Feb 26, 2010
  7. of all the cards i have, citi is by far the most paranoid one. many times it was declined at walmart (in person) or at several e-retailers. not sure why they don't like walmart so much.

#17     Feb 26, 2010
  8. zx12

zx12

Someone on this thread that merchant fees aren't even worth the C.C.'s trouble!! Think about it, lowest standard merchant fee I heard of is 2%!! Now Walmart may have a better deal, but not most
    2 dollars out of every 100 spent!! You have any idea of how much money that is?? That is the problem with these companies & banks, they got spoiled just sitting there raking the cash in!! Wish it was me getting 2 per 100!! :D

#18     Feb 26, 2010
  9. Citi assumes that those who shop at Wal-mart are poor. Statistically, they may be right.

#19     Feb 26, 2010
  10. Citi is a true zombie bank. Negative net worth in the hundreds of billions, probably.

#20     Feb 26, 2010