credit card question

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nutmeg, Feb 10, 2012.

#11     Feb 10, 2012
  2. Hi Jamie (just in case he reading this)

[​IMG]

#12     Feb 10, 2012
  3. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes. If you have too big of debt with high interest rate, (you are only paying minimum?) sometimes is better to take the lower interest, y make (MORE) than minimum payment, to reduce your debt. With the 2 cards closed, you are not adding more, you are paying down. So in time the utilization ratio will be good again, then the FICO is coming up again.

Nutmeg, I try to build credit and I have one only card with rewards! So I always pay in full every month. So; no interest/build credit/have rewards points in cash. I do this for one year now, and I redeem the rewards for $429.00 cash.

#13     Feb 10, 2012
  4. Banjo

Banjo

5. Thanks again for the replies. I ran the numbers and the effect on utilization rates and the trade off is basically losing the remaining credit ava vs a lower interest rate.

I suppose if I wanted to pursue this further I could look for zero balance transfers, but for the moment I'm going to leave it all as it is.

#15     Feb 10, 2012