Credit Card Default. What's happening??

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Dec 1, 2009.

1. No one I know personally has cc debt. Ive heard of people having 140k worth of cc debt and are unable to pay it back on the locak newspaper.

#11     Dec 1, 2009
  2. 151

Deep CC debt is something people are unlikely to tell even their closest friends about.

I have heard of spouses (yeah in my family) hiding CC debt from each other.

So that none of us knows of someone being crushed by it is no reason to think it isnt happening.

I guess only the credit companies know for sure.

#12     Dec 1, 2009
  3. Funny! You jokers who "know no one" Lemme guess, you live in a basement, out in the woods, or under a bridge--prison perhaps?

#13     Dec 1, 2009
  4. MattF

MattF

Defaulted a while ago and around $40K. Missed a couple of payments, things skyrocketed out of control, etc. so I just stopped...otherwise I was throwing away money into nothing in the end.

Settlements could get the results at around $18K total if done right and based on what I've been getting.

Don't get many calls; here and there, mainly around the end of the quarter and soon in this case end of the year to try and close out some books :D

Calls have come from some accounts, others who knows who owns them by now? :D

#14     Dec 1, 2009
  5. bgp

bgp

they live in a glass house? :confused:

bp

#15     Dec 1, 2009
  6. So.... let me see if I have this straight.

A black man in Alabama can get 10 years in the Big House for boosting a pack of cigs from the Quickie Mart... and you got away with stealing $40K and are smugly proud?

Says a lot about the mess we're in...

#16     Dec 1, 2009
  7. Much less than what bankers stole from the US.

And they are not in jail.

#17     Dec 1, 2009
  8. So, just how many wrongs DO make a right?

#18     Dec 1, 2009
  9. MattF

MattF

Well smug in a small manner. I do intend to pay in the end. Part of the issue is what state you're in and its laws governing this stuff.

First off, my statute is 7 years...I'm not going to let it stretch that far.

Second, I realize the state we're in with things so I can take advantage of that situation instead of pay a little here and there like the sheeple do which again, throws money away and doesn't get you very far.

Third, I don't have a lot of assets...don't own the home they can lien on, my car by Kelly standard isn't worth a lot either so they aren't going to seize that, my income is set...the numbers all work in my favor to make me a low risk in the sense of it's not worth the time to go after right now. 5, 6, 7, years ago they would have been pounding me down, garnishing the checks left and right probably and seizing whatever I had.

I've been to court for a judgment on one account...small acct. Probably there I'd say were a good 85-90 people. This is one court, one town, usually for smaller claims, tickets, etc. Multiply that across the country and you can see where things are. Now in there I hear the stories and keep listening out. As I said above, many have the good intentions as they want to pay a little here and there, but there intentions are geared in the wrong way and "basic" knowledge. Understand the system as much as you can, and you can utilize it to your advantage and do things in the more "right" way.

#19     Dec 1, 2009
  10. bgp

bgp

i think the big c.e.o.'s stole the most money .
    bp:mad:

#20     Dec 1, 2009