Credit Card Debt increasing quickly.....

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by S2007S, Dec 10, 2007.

1. I use my amex/visa for everything, even if it costs a buck. I have no reason to use a debit card, credit cards come with much better protection.

#31     Dec 11, 2007
  2. Exactly. If a deal goes sour, just do chargeback. Try that with cash or debit card.

Also, credit card is like a 1 month interest free loan if you pay your bills in full.

#32     Dec 11, 2007
  3. I buy everything with my AMEX Black Card. 25-40K per month...Debit cards are a low rent joke.

#33     Dec 11, 2007
  4. Exactly. W/ the added protection and rewards only the less then informed would go a different route.

#34     Dec 11, 2007
  5. Amex black is so over rated. $2500 Annual fees... nah... I think I'll stick with Amex blue cash or get something really exclusive like stratus visa.

#35     Dec 11, 2007
  6. Allen3

Allen3

Pay your taxes and take out the inflation for the year that the money is tied up and what is your return even at the 5% we made last year? When I look at my inflation not the Gov data, my savings seem to be wilting even though I keep saving and the numbers go up.

#36     Dec 11, 2007
  7. We enjoy the luxury of being airlifted out of whatever place we may be for whatever reason at anytime. Plus the 24/365 phone call concierge is fairly handy too.

I shit on $2500.

Don't anything about the Visa you refer to.

#37     Dec 11, 2007
  8. So if I get a defective latte at Starbucks, I can cancel the payment if I used my Visa card?

#38     Dec 12, 2007
  9. Proposal for a Christmass present :

http://www.vertu.com/en/

Vertu Concierge

Every vertu handset connects directly to the exclusive Vertu Concierge service. At the touch of a dedicated buttom, personal assistance is on hand, 24 hours a day.

[​IMG]

#39     Dec 12, 2007
  10. You can order $1000 worth of items from Amazon.com, have your buddy/poolguy/etc. sign when the FedEx comes, then call your bank 2 weeks later and dispute the charges ("I have never made this charge, I would like to dispute this asap"). You will get your money back as there is nothing Amazon can do since its a "card not present" transaction. The merchant carries all the risk.

#40     Dec 12, 2007