Creative First Date?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by sulli, Jun 20, 2006.

1. JA_LDP

JA_LDP

Dude. I'm in the EL too...or will be in August.

Yes, any of those events are excellent opportunities. I don't like movies on first dates because the whole point is to talk and get to know each other. But seeing how you already do that by staying up til 5:30 in the morning, just have some fun. There are always those stupid festivals happening just north of campus. That would be fun. I wouldn't worry about "being different from all the rest." She should see you're different just from talking to you.

On one of the first dates with my girlfriend, we went to the movies (in Brighton) and afterwards there were these huge styrofoam cubes outside. Like 4ft by 4ft. We tried to stuff one in my car and then put it on one of our friends lawn. It wouldn't fit, but it was still fun. Girls like that stupid fun spontaneous crap. We've been together 2 1/2 years.

Are you a student at msu? Go Green.

#41     Jun 21, 2006
  2. sulli

sulli

Hi JA,

Thanks for your comments.

I'm 2002 MSU Grad. I work as a chemical engineer at night (in E.L.) and trade during the day. Basically, I work, live, and party here! It's fun, I'm sure I'll be ready to move on in a couple of years.

I assume your a student, since you will be returning in August?

Go White!

#42     Jun 21, 2006
  3. Dude,

Take my advice. Prepare a hamper. Take her on a picnic to a beautiful park.

Buy a nice bottle on wine or champagne.

Don't take about yourself. Just talk about her. Her interests. her dreams.

Tell her that you think she is the most interesting person you've ever met.

She will marry you.

Runningbear

#43     Jun 21, 2006
  4. nitro

nitro

You should have had lunch after the acrobatics.

nitro

#44     Jun 21, 2006
  5. nitro

nitro

If she likes you, it won't make a one hill of beans of a difference where you take her or what you do. Go to a place where you can talk.

Be yourself. If that doesn't work, wrong girl for you and probably wrong guy for her at this point in your lives.

nitro

#45     Jun 21, 2006
  6. Are we talking about getting laid or marrying her?

I think the dude is trying to get laid. ASAP.

Marriage and all the commitment stuff comes later...

#46     Jun 21, 2006
  7. My most memorable date was a guy taking me to watch him skydive....I fell in love with the sport....not the guy tho:p

seriously if you have a hobby/sport you love why not introduce her to it...if you think you might want a relationship with her and she enjoy's it (hobby/sport) as well then you have something to build on.

#47     Jun 21, 2006
  8. sulli

sulli

I'm not concerned about either at this point. I was just wondering if anyone had any cool date ideas? I was looking to try something new?

Interesting replies, although most OT.

#48     Jun 21, 2006
  9. g222

g222

On the map, there seems to be a couple of cool parks that you could visit for a picnic: Potter Park, Shubel Park & Hawk Island County Park.

From your favorite deli or restaurant, have them prepare assigini (small bites or tappas portions) of selections that you both enjoy. Or, a poo-poo platter - including sushi - from a favorite oriental restaurant. (Include chop stix - if you've not used them before, they can become a fun part of the picnic & entice interaction.)

For a non-alcholic bev, bring some ice tea spiked with fresh OJ. Otherwise, pick up a bottle or two of Prosecco, an Italian sparkling wine, and the small 5.5 oz cans of peach nectar, passion fruit nectar and guava nectar, and make some great bellinis.

Don't forget the flowers !!!

#49     Jun 21, 2006
  10. Ricter

Ricter

Actions that require my labor, more than my money, seem to me to have been more impressive to my dates over the years.

#50     Jun 21, 2006