Creating own trading system

Discussion in 'App Development' started by j2ee, Apr 5, 2013.

1. j2ee

j2ee

make much more sense:D

#51     Apr 16, 2013
  2. j2ee

j2ee

For an individual own trading with programming knowledge, other than building my own system, tradelink is the best choice? Seem like even many years later I get to more advanced level with crazy many data to test, I can still modify tradelink to handle it.

#52     Apr 16, 2013
  3. hftvol

hftvol

I developed everyone on my own over the years (and through the help of paid programmers). Tradelink should get your started though. The call is yours.

#53     Apr 16, 2013
  4. j2ee

j2ee

Did you work as a quant trader in big financial institution before so you have a very good strategy and confidence?

#54     Apr 16, 2013
  5. colion

colion

The Turtle Trading System has been done. As I said, if you want to try to stump the AFL crowd you will have to go into their den and challenge them. Then you will either confirm or deny your belief about AFL. It is a waste of time to repeat over and over on Elite that AFL does not hold up. But if that's your thing enjoy.

#55     Apr 16, 2013
  6. j2ee

j2ee

Where is your code? Have bee done in your dream?

#56     Apr 16, 2013
  7. hftvol

hftvol

I did but before that I worked for years as discretionary prop trader which is where I learned and studied market dynamics. I was lucky to have had a great mentor. Designing, writing and creating the whole system architecture is 100% self-taught. I spend about 4-5 hours alone each day on programming related work to improve or solve issues with the trading architecture, so it is hard to avoid learning new stuff. Confidence? That comes from me being an arrogant bastard.

#57     Apr 16, 2013
  8. hftvol

hftvol

funny you could not respond to a single of my cited shortcomings of AFL. But it was a single post, I will not get again into language discussions. I made my point clear. But just in case here my praise because I am not an all-around pessimistic type of guy, AFL is a concise highly optimized script language that plays along very well with vectors and arrays. But it is does not solve all problems as you claimed.

#58     Apr 16, 2013
  9. gmst

gmst

You should comment on the MATLAB, R, Python Trilogy thread. You are welcome there to share your experience and knowledge. :)

#59     Apr 16, 2013
  10. hftvol

hftvol

troll alert flashing a bright red one. On ignore. Bye pal.

#60     Apr 16, 2013