Creating new software - Advice needed.

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by Girlpower, Nov 2, 2002.

1. I'm in the middle of a project writing an piece of software designed to look for possible permutations of bars and indicators, based upon plug-ins and re-using previously saved analyses to save time and space.

The idea is to eventually map the possible setups for the instruments I trade and have a set of probabilities associated with them according to variable time frames.

Any advice from those that may have been here before would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    Natalie

2. Most trading or market analysis programs are trivial to program.

The only piece of advice I have is don't try to optimize space or time requirements of an analysis program. It's not worth it, instead of spending a week optimizing it, work at MCD for a week and use your earnings to buy a faster machine with a bigger hard drive.

3. I'm already writing for a fast multi-processor machine anyway. Not that difficult to design the architecture to take advantage of those capabilities so it's not really a case of optimisation.

Natalie

4. dottom

dottom

5. Thanks for the link.

Yes, already seen that. I decided it was quicker and easier (not to mention much cheaper) to design bespoke software than to figure out how to get the most out of that. Impressive though...

Anyway, if my friend and I come up with something we want to be able to do, once we've got the core programming done, all we need to do is write another plug-in...

Thanks anyway
    Natalie