creating my own scanner which software to use?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by jtnet, Aug 18, 2006.

1. jtnet

jtnet

I want to creat my own scanner of basic chart patterns and indicator setups and positions on a list of stocks i have realtime. all for Realtime intraday stuff.
    I have esignal, metastock, wealth-lab, and a few others all available to me threw my prop. I am unfamiliar with making my own scanner does metastock do this? and how well does wealth labs work.

2. Learn Java because you're using E-signal.

3. jtnet

jtnet

esig has built in scanner?

4. IGolf

IGolf

you should take a look at trade-ideas if you want intra day real time stuff

5. Charlton

Charlton

Amibroker takes an esignal feed. Now you might not want any more charting software, but their site contains a freely available formulae library and you might use it for ideas.

Charlton

6. gr8stock

gr8stock

AmiBroker works best for me. I am using it with eSignal. You can program any system and then optimize it and back test. Once you happy with the results, you can scan your data base for securities that meet your set-up. Customer service with this guy is the best and the cost is unreal. What else you need?

7. jtnet

jtnet

so if i get amibroker 4.80 should be good to go? it will like refresh a list of stocks like every min or somthing

8. gr8stock

gr8stock

Yes, you can get a real time version of AmiBroker, but you need to get real time data from others, like eSignal. Once you have the data base updated, you can run your scan any time.

9. jtnet

jtnet

amibroker is best for this then? what else is comparable?
    i just downloaded amiboker from their site

10. jtnet

jtnet

i have amnibroker now where do u put in your basket of stocks to scan for lets say a certain stocastic pattern?

#10     Aug 20, 2006