Creating a group of REAL professional traders?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by OctopodeClub, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

You guys talk too much, just start it, then invite people from ET whom you like, that should be the filter. When Baron took down the chat first, everyone was crying but only I made up a room (forgot which website I used).

The point is, talk is cheap actions speak better. You only need 1 other guy to start out with, the rest will come. certain rooms can let you ignore others, because there is a possibility not everyone will like everybody.

Just do it! :)

#41     Mar 31, 2017
    OctopodeClub likes this.
  2. Gotcha

Gotcha

Totally agree.

I find it funny how the OP wants to talk to other profitable traders, but we really have no idea who he is at all. I've been around for much longer than this account here, but the amount of fakery is truly outstanding. This place is nothing but bickering back and forth, and the most crucial thing, the entry, stop and target that would shut everyone up is sorely missing.

The chat here always was meant to be just a chat. He did try to break it off into strictly trading talk, but surprise surprise, nobody was posting trades since clearly there are hardly any real traders here. Of course, most of the guys who really are doing this full time as their only source of income have nothing to prove, and nothing to gain.

Still though, it would be awesome to have a window into the world of the guys that are the real deal. From the info I have gathered, @Dustin is the real deal, and his group of 8 guys sounds like the exact type of chat that would be interesting. But then you have guys here like Handle123 who I don't believe at all and have publicly called out.

Its very tricky these days to find anyone of substance who really is the real deal to talk with. its also not in the best interests of Baron to steer the website into more serious discussions with real traders unfortunately. Surf and all his crap and multiple aliases unfortunately brings in more income for the website than any real trader ever could. So there is no incentive for Baron to really clean this place up.

If the OP manages to find a group of legit guys who are the real deal and who actually have meaningful discussions about trading, I'm jealous, and he has my respect.

#42     Mar 31, 2017
    Nereto and OctopodeClub like this.
  3. JSOP

JSOP

Yeah I always wanted to ask WHY did Baron scrap the idea of the chat room all of sudden?

#43     Mar 31, 2017
  4. JSOP

JSOP

You know what they say? Silent water runs deep...

#44     Mar 31, 2017
  5. speedo

speedo

Participation died out.

#45     Mar 31, 2017
  6. JSOP

JSOP

So there WAS a chat room at one time? Cuz by the time I received the invite, there was already no chat rooms. Well I can imagine, during the weekdays when everybody is trading, people would prefer to be alone and wouldn't feel like chatting so it would be empty a bit and it probably gets a bit more lively during the evening times or weekends.

#46     Mar 31, 2017
  7. garachen

garachen

I think for it to work you really need everyone to be in the same ballpark of profitability. A $500k/year guy isn't going to stick around a bunch of $50k/year guys for very long.

This is going to be a very good year for trading and I hope a bunch of you make a killing.

In general, it's pretty worthwhile sharing at least general market knowledge. Not PA/TA stuff but more about how exchanges/fees/markets/taxes work and your general approach to edge discovery. There's a lot to know and there are several things that are only learned by continual conversations and serendipity.

At a certain level which comes pretty quickly, improving profitability is more a function of cultivating relationships and general domain knowledge than it is grinding away at a lone wolf strategy.

#47     Mar 31, 2017
    KCOJ and OctopodeClub like this.
  8. The problem with creating trading rooms for free are that experienced traders will not likely participate due to the overwhelming influx of noobs in the room.

#48     Mar 31, 2017
    OctopodeClub likes this.
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is not true. Noobies won't stick around if there is nothing to learn, specially if they are not even in the same ballpark. Also if the pros keep using pro language (optionguys I am thinking about) a newbie loses interest very fast.

-------------------------

Another idea: One can use ET's private threads for chatting among multiple people. You only give permission to those, whom you want to invite....

Edit: I remember now, I used this site:

https://www.chatzy.com

Last edited: Mar 31, 2017
    #49     Mar 31, 2017
  10. You expecting vol to blow out?

#50     Apr 1, 2017