Creating a Group for lower fees

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SitrusTrader, Mar 8, 2004.

1. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

how are you guys gona get away with not pooling the money, but pretending everyone is a group to get lower comissions...

Please explain this, and the Prop house will go for such a thing?

#41     Mar 20, 2004
  2. why must it be explained to you. its being setup in the best way for each trader but getting the advantage of the group commission rate.

#42     Mar 20, 2004
  3. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

I understand that what ur saying, but i dont understand why the prop shop is along unless they figuer that with such a low capital input per trader, the group will eventual churn and burn themselves out of their capital......making money for the prop, even with the lower comissions.

LOL

Unless ur brokering the deal BROKERBOY, and in that case you gots some sort of deal for being the cubical jock putting this together.

#43     Mar 20, 2004
  4. ertrader1

ertrader1 Guest

Best of luck to the group...........whatever you guys decide to do.

#44     Mar 20, 2004
  5. i am not a broker i am just a trader just like you. i am looking into the whole thing but don't no if i am doing it. i do not know why the firm is offering the deal. its a great rate but buying power could be limited. whats the bullshit the guy who is trying to do this is not making anything off it. i guess your saying 10 to 1 for people without a 7 right because i get at least 100 to 1.

#45     Mar 20, 2004
  6. coon

coon

I love the idea of a prop group, I'm a prop trader on the west coast. Can you please send me some info??

#46     Mar 30, 2004
  7. alanm

alanm

Quote from brokerboy:
    i guess your saying 10 to 1 for people without a 7 right because i get at least 100 to 1.

Can someone clarify something that I've been troubled about?

People talk about these huge leverage factors and it makes me wonder if we are really talking about leverage or just open orders. That is, if you have a $25K account, are you really able to trade 27,000 shares of IBM @ $92/share (~$2.5M position)?

Or do you really mean that you're able to put out $2.5M in opening/closing/envelope/market-making orders, only $100K-$250K of which can get hit before you have to cancel (or have cancelled) the rest of the orders?

#47     Mar 30, 2004