Creating a Group for lower fees

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by SitrusTrader, Mar 8, 2004.

1. alanm

alanm

Retail traders would necessarily not be part of such a pool. They just get the advantage of a low "group rate" by association with the group.

#21     Mar 14, 2004
  2. wow you think way to much.

#22     Mar 14, 2004
  3. Some sort of membership in the making......here is a new twist...I wonder if a brokerage were approached with a club that had 200 members, would offer a discount? Charts? Feeds? Advisory services?.....How much would you pay to a club creating a discounted pricelist of well known established industry tools you could use that would otherwise charge you more?

Michael B.

P.S. Well, you heard it here Live.....First on ET again.....

#23     Mar 14, 2004
  4. Exactly!

#24     Mar 15, 2004
  5. Ok,

I promised to keep everyone posted so here it is:

I have a very fast connection myself (P2Ps to all the exchanges). I connected via roadrunner cable to the platform. Unfortunatelly, the demo account doesn't allow you to put in any orders in (since it is not a live account), but the quotes that I got, at least, I couldn't see a delay. There maybe a several millisecond, undescernable difference with my current connection (which is superb), but that may be attributed to the internet traffic.

Some charting features are missing (only advanced studies), but the basics are there.

It has some cool filters, but some platforms out there have more.
    So its not very big on "extra" features.

Has a million hot-keys you can define, and 2 levels of mouse order entry. Pretty customizeable too.

Played around with the train account. Executions are meaningless in it - but it counts everything in real-time. So thats on par.

If anyone is concerned about something specific, PM me, and I may talk more about after the markets close.

I hope this helped.

#25     Mar 15, 2004
  6. One more thing I forgot to mention.

I don't know if any of you guys use this feature, but it doesn't support basket trades.

#26     Mar 15, 2004
  7. all i want to know is what people can put up in volume? also are you net positive each month? also what can you put up in capital? i think all this talking is dumb otherwise. each guys account is separate so your money is save from others mistakes. i also think each guy should have to put up 1 million shares a month so we know the 10 million mark can be hit each month. if we get 12 guys like that then odds are the mark can be hit. i also think if you can't hit that mark as a group we charge you 2/10's more or fine your account. i think this will help make people trade there 1 million part of the deal. what are people here thinking?

#27     Mar 15, 2004
  8. we have a team , and we pay one of the lowest commissions
    available in the market

any of you, which is interested , can send me an email or if you want leave your phone number , i will give you all the info that you need

these rates are based on your volume and it can be as low as 3$ for 1000 share

also you can trade remotely

#28     Mar 15, 2004
  9. Hey everybody im surprised u didn't catch on that SitrusTrader is just recruiting for AN LLC of HOLD Brothers....u can verify this by checking what software the company uses that Sitrus Trader is promoting..even if they changed the name and call it Lightning or something else...its still Grey BOx with the name changed. Why don't u ask Sitrus how much buying power do they give you ..when i spoke with him he said 250-300k they give on 5k. That is very weak and the answer is b/c HOLD brothers has no capital to give traders serious BP like some other firms. This is exactly what characterizes a chop shop..when they don't have enough money to give out normal Buying Power. An other major question should be asked...does this place offer conversions in every sector?? As far as I know HOLD has conversions only in the homebuilders. An other point that shows that they don't have the funds for conversions in every sector. Make sure they don't hold your money...The best thing to do is not deposit with anyone but to create an escrow account with a lawyer where your money will be held, where the firm will only be able to touch it if your down in your account. A firm that is healthy and has enough funds won't need your 5k...but can afford to let u keep your 5k in a seperate escrow account. And as far as comm go..I don't think that HOLD brothers is that much cheaper than everyone else..I know a few places where u can get very close to what they offer ...but u also get normal BP and well capitalized firm so u don't have to worry about your money

#29     Mar 17, 2004
  10. I don't know how viable is this post. But I will say what I know. I know GreyBox and their platform have nothing to do with each other. Two completely different systems all together.

#30     Mar 17, 2004