creating a bullet

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birddog, Oct 23, 2002.

1. Seanote

Seanote Guest

#31     Oct 24, 2002
  2. it's NOT essential. might be useful (for you it obviously is). if you're trading for that initial ten cent thrust, you're right, without a bullet you've missed your move.. but for anything longer than that, you will get your chance to get in (90% of time).. and at a pretty good price too.. it's just bullshit to say you won't.

#32     Oct 25, 2002
  3. than pull up yesterday's time and sales on AHC

almost no upticks for 5 entire points

a few guys in our office caught it

and THEY NEEDED BULLETS TO ENTER IT
    :D

#33     Oct 25, 2002
  4. Sorry Robert, I should have made it clear I was referring to Naz stocks.

#34     Oct 25, 2002
  5. tracedef

tracedef Guest

example of how everyone sees the same action day in and day out and yet "sees" something different in what is happening or what is necessary to execute trades..........

#35     Oct 25, 2002
  6. if you are a listed trader bullets are a must....simple as that...no questions asked....now lets stop the argument...

#36     Oct 25, 2002
  7. the dispute was about naz, not nyse. so there's no argument to stop :p

#37     Oct 25, 2002
  8. there's no diff from nyse and naz when a stock is tanking and there are no upticks. you need the bullet.

and if your p&l is in the middle seven figures (in the last 5 years), then you're right, your p&l is better than mine but if it isn't i would keep p&l out of this.

#38     Oct 25, 2002
  9. you are really that good huh fatty? once you enter the trades never ever go above your entry price huh?
    i don't exactly which naz stocks you are trading, but in the liquid, volatile names, i can virtually guarantee u are gonna get an upbid in even the biggest selloffs...

unless, like i said, you are trading for an immediate 5-10 cents... which is a different ball game..

#39     Oct 25, 2002
  10. daniel,

yes, i am a scalper and trade for the immediate 5-10 cents. like i implied in a previous posting, if you did that only 5 times a day with 10k shares at a time, it translates to a good living. imagine if you did 25k shares at a time? i don't know what you guys expect to make in a day but i consider that good money.

#40     Oct 25, 2002