creating a bullet

Discussion in 'Trading' started by birddog, Oct 23, 2002.

1. tracedef

tracedef Guest

Hold Brothers.

#21     Oct 24, 2002
  2. What office?

#22     Oct 24, 2002
  3. tracedef

tracedef Guest

I've been in AZ, Chicago, New York, New Jersey, and now I'm back in Cali. Also been at Protrader,Andover, Mercury, um and some others.......to answer your question Irvine, CA. What about you?

#23     Oct 24, 2002
  4. Bahamas.

#24     Oct 24, 2002
  5. tracedef

tracedef Guest

they were like 45 bucks per 1000 and then they went to like 20 bucks or something and now their down to 11ish. Works for me. Only bad part is that if you don't have a ton of cash in your account you can get margin calls because they use a screwed up calculation and the bullets end up using quite a lot of buying power, which is BS, they shouldn't use much at all, but oh well.

#25     Oct 24, 2002
  6. Retail or prop?

#26     Oct 24, 2002
  7. tracedef

tracedef Guest

For prop.for cust, I think it's around 20-25.

#27     Oct 24, 2002
  8. i'm glad i'm not the only one saying that its essential to use bullets on naz stocks. only a rookie would say to use bullets on nyse stocks. you use bullets anytime you can make even a few cents on a trade. why wait and miss the trade? i trade size and put up bullets for size.

#28     Oct 24, 2002
  9. tracedef

tracedef Guest

Plus I actually only trade a handful of stocks, so unless I'm trading something with earnings or news, my bullets are on before the open. If new comes out I just hit my bullet key before I put out any orders and all is cool. Plus if I violate (when program detects violation------we are given the ability to short anything anytime but are liable if we violate)I can call the trade desk and there's always someone else who's got an extra bullet to loan out, so for the most part it's just a necessary evil, maybe with one of these days some legislation will go our way and be done with them...........probably not.

#29     Oct 24, 2002
  10. Seanote

Seanote Guest

Regarding the risk in shorting Naz vs Listeds, I wasn't referring to one being more volatile than the other. I was referring to the tightness of spreads on Naz vs. Listeds (typically). Listeds bid/offers gap up and down quicker than most Naz stock. Specilists have always been that way. So establishing your short position qucikly is more important to an entry strategy on Listeds than Naz. Granted, if you're a scalper, it's all just as important but those traders have lost most of the opportunities they enjoyed once we changed to penny increments.

#30     Oct 24, 2002