Creating a backup usb install for Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 24, 2015.

1. On another note, Walmart seems to not allow you to leave feedback on certain items like Earth Spirit Men's Robert Active Sandal.

I just want to say here, this is a defective item. I got a little water on this active sandal and brown stuff starts coming off of it and sticking to my feet. I am returning it to Walmart.

#111     Jul 23, 2019
  2. nkhoi

nkhoi

try this, wear them for 2 years now, still good as new
    Keen Newport H2 Sandal (Men's)

#112     Jul 23, 2019
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  3. Overnight

Overnight

This is hysterical...

On another note, Walmart seems to not allow you to leave feedback on certain items like Earth Spirit Men's Robert Active Sandal.

I just want to say here, this is a defective item. I got a little water on this active sandal and brown stuff starts coming off of it and sticking to my feet. I am returning it to Walmart.

try this, wear them for 2 years now, still good as new
    Keen Newport H2 Sandal (Men's)

Moderators are posting things like that as the next response to a Windows technical issue. Mods are people too!. It is refreshing to see.

#113     Jul 23, 2019
    d08 and oraclewizard77 like this.
  4. Um, It's also my thread. LOL. But thanks.

#114     Jul 24, 2019
  5. Climbing

Climbing

If you have another computers,you can back up your computer to another computers.

#115     Sep 8, 2019
  6. Hackers are trying to make you pay for the computer problems that they cause.

I had a Netgear 1605 error when trying to install netgear wireless drivers. So I of course googled that error.

The number 1 site to come up on Google says netgear support with a phone number. So I assume its the official netgear support phone number.

So it's at night and a tech from India answers my call. This is not uncommon since many tech firms outsource support.

However, I bought a new wireless netgear usb adapter about a month ago and obviously support to install the drivers is free.

So after the tech takes over my computer in a shared session, he shows me a Windows 10 alert that says I have a trojan horse.

Next he says that it will cost him me $ 79 to remove the threat and wants my credit card information.

So I say 1st you need to prove you are actually from Netgear while he was writing out the support case number. I said let me call Netgear with that case number directly to make sure this is real.

He then starts deleting the case number, so I power off my computer.

I then hang up the phone, I turn back on the computer and go to task manage and see an unknown program is running on startup, so I uncheck to disable it.

I then reboot the computer again, and install an anti malware program which does in fact find 2 threats and gets rid of them.

They probably came from some freeware that I previously installed.

However, the hackers are now smarter, instead of just messing up your computer a bit, the freeware creates an error that if you search for it on google brings you to their scam website where they try to steal money from you to fix the problem that they created.

What's funny if you are now running in real time mode the anti malware software it will not even let you enter their website. It warns you of fraud.

However, google is still taking money from these scammers to advertise their site at the top of their search results.

#116     Oct 16, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

For years clients get calls from 'microsoft' saying you've got a virus, none of my clients fell for it, so no idea how much they try to charge, microsoft don't ring you up.

#117     Oct 16, 2019
  8. sprstpd

sprstpd

In the future, never let any tech support person remotely take over your machine unless you quadruple check that everything is on the up and up. Or install Linux.

#118     Oct 16, 2019
  9. Windows Update keeps restarting itself even though I disabled it. So doing the following not sure if it will work.

1) In settings, go to Windows update

a) Go to Advanced Options and uncheck both boxes there.

2) Under local services, I set do nothing under Recovery for Windows update after disabling it again.

3) I already set a metered connection in networking.

#119     Oct 29, 2019
  10. ph1l

ph1l

You could try disabling and re-enabling Windows Update to have a manual start.
    Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->Windows Update->Startup type: Disabled->Apply
    Control Panel->Administrative Tools->Services->Windows Update->Startup type: Manual->OK
    upload_2019-10-29_21-8-40.png

#120     Oct 29, 2019