Creating a backup usb install for Windows 10 upgrade

Discussion in 'Networking and Security' started by oraclewizard77, Oct 24, 2015.

1. Was getting some lag. I saw I forgot to increase the virtual memory after reinstalling Windows 10. I also saw that superfetch was writing files to the my disk for some reason so I disabled it.

Current disables

1) Windows update

2) Superfetch

I restarted the computer, and its running much faster. I also ran a speed test, and it was good.

#91     Jun 21, 2018
  2. They

They

I feel your pain. Just went through the same Microsoft clusterf#$%k with a two year old laptop that had auto updates.

MS with its monopoly just does a little damage control and continues building on its bloatware.

#92     Jun 21, 2018
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  3. schweiz

schweiz

I use Acronis already for years; 50$ to have perfect safety. Don't need to remove viruses or unwanted software. Ransomeware is no problem too. Just restore older backup, that's all. 15 minutes of work.

#93     Jun 21, 2018
    oraclewizard77 likes this.
  4. Solved Itunes CD burning unknown error
    So I was having a problem burning my music to CD on a HP Laptop with Windows 10. I saw other people having the same problem on this forum {Apple Forum}, but no solution.

Unknown Error code was 0x80004005. I was not able to burn 9 songs a CD-R disk. I went through 4 CD disks.

So I did the following to solve it for me. You may try other things that may also work for you.

First, with Itunes closed, I put the blank CD in. Windows then asked me what to do with the CD, and I clicked on Itunes. This then opened Itunes.

Under Help, I checked for new updates and downloaded and installed version 12.8.0.150.

After it was installed, I restarted the computer, and put in a black CD.

When Itunes started, I then choose File, burn playlist to CD.

I then selected audio CD and reduced my speed to 4x. (note you may try a faster speed but this is what finally helped me with the newest version of Itunes)

Success.

{Used my account wizard 2012 from Itunes support forums}

#94     Sep 5, 2018
  5. Slightly off topic, but my Keyless entry clicker for my car broke. So Toyota wanted $ 50 for the part plus $ 80 to program it.

However, you can find the part on Amazon for around $ 20 and it comes with a link to program it for you car. As long as you can follow directions this does work and saves you around $ 100 to do it yourself.

#95     Jan 13, 2019
  6. Was using a Motorola cable box from Spetrum and it was slow to change channels. Normally, this can also be caused by a bad remote or u need new batteries. But in this case the Motoralo box sucked.

I went to a Spectrum store and was able to exchange it for new Cisco HD DVR box and now everything runs much faster.

#96     Apr 27, 2019
  7. Turveyd

Turveyd

My Toyota locks but doesn’t lock, just using the key to lock, the list to program the unit is huge, not a joke then?

Had my electronics fall out, immobilizer = screwed managed to find it, mad hour of paniking, taped it in.

#97     Apr 28, 2019
  8. No, it really works, but it took me 2 times to do everything exactly right on the list to get it to work.

You may need to practice to do everything within the correct time.

#98     Apr 28, 2019
  9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Switch on / off, open and close doors, going to look like a complete nutter in the street!!

#99     Apr 28, 2019

10. But you will be a nut that saves $ 100 that you did not pay to a tech at the car dealership.

#100     Apr 28, 2019