Create stop with a minimum volume parameter

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by alanack, Jan 13, 2009.

1. alanack

alanack

I want to create a stop with a minimum volume of contracts traded condition - e.g., enter a long position with a stop of -5 points, to be executed only when 50 contracts have traded at or below the stop price. This is similar to NinjaTrader's simulated stop, but that stop counts only orders waiting on the bid or ask side, not the actual contracts traded. At present with NinjaTrader writing of custom code for discretionary entries using the Superdom is not possible. The stop could be created if I used automated trading, but my trading is 100% discretionary. I have learned that this stop could be created using MBTrading's Navigator SDK, which I may have to use, but I hate to give up using the Superdom window or something like it. I'm hoping someone will know of a platform, program, or other means of achieving this with the Superdom entry window or something very similar. Thanks.

Alan

2. That sounds like a great feature and a nice safeguard against bad ticks. You should post this on NT's forum as I suspect you'll get much more help there.