Crazy Newbie Question, Fastest Way to Make Money

Discussion in 'Trading' started by TradingBillions, Feb 5, 2007.

1. I know some will laugh, but seriously, what is the easiest and/or fastest way to make money in the markets? Forex, futures, options, stocks, what?

2. Those generally don't go together. If it was easy then everyone would be billionaires. Trading is simple, not easy. Don't look for short cuts.

3. Yea I bet your right, so let me rephrase the question. What's the fastest way to turn profits from a few thousand higher in the markets? Stocks really haven't been cutting it. I know I might sound greedy but hey, I really want an aggressive strategy here.

4. Weren't you the guy who went long 2 YM contracts with $2k in the account in the other thread and complained that he got a margin call from his broker?

You can't really get much more aggressive than what you did.

5. Walk away from them

6. <i>"Weren't you the guy who went long 2 YM contracts with $2k in the account in the other thread and complained that he got a margin call from his broker?"</i>

How is that possible? There is absolutely no risk buying dips... free money.... weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

7. Billions - it will be easier and much more fun to take your 2 grand stake and head to Vegas. You could make that last a couple spins on the good ole roulette wheel and see what happens. You could turn that 2 grand in 10 grand in MINUTES.

In all seriousness, you are showing very quickly that you do not know anything about trading or the markets so it's best to keep your betting on the sidelines till you spend a little more time actually educating yourself. This may be a long shot, so I still suggest Vegas.

8. The fastest way is not to do all usual mistakes which are: trying to make money fast with one or two huge trades, searching for "super system" (Holy Grail) and listening to scam gurus at different sites which promise to teach you "unique trading method".

Considering that you won't do everything of the above and may be a couple more of common mistakes all you should do is look
    at charts as much as possible: every day and all time while you
    don't sleep until you begin to notice repeating patterns and see so many of them that you become 100% sure that they work. It should take from several months to couple of years (assuming that you learn from charts every day and several hours a day).

IMHO this is the fastest way to make money in the markets. If I didn't make mistakes which I mentioned and would do only what I told, I am pretty sure that I'd become profitable much earlier than I actually did and would definately save a huge sum of money.

It's that easy. :)