Crazy Environmentalists Protest Wind Turbines

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Mar 14, 2012.

1. Nukes have their problems, but the problems from fossil fuel use are greater. I used to be anti-nuclear until it became clear that GW is the greater threat. It's the only thing with enough capacity to really make a difference.

#11     Mar 14, 2012
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Do you notice she hid her face the entire time in those photos? She knows she's a fucking nut.

#12     Mar 15, 2012
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Actually the article i posted specifically says that this loon was a part of some "ANTI Occupy movement," No one tried to make a connection to the OWS crowd except you, infact the article i posted actually makes the complete opposite point of what you are claiming it does.

Can you read?

#13     Mar 15, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

You're asking a flaming liberal? :confused:

#14     Mar 15, 2012
  5. i bet she eats chicken

#15     Mar 15, 2012
  6. rew

rew

When I look at Chernobyl and Fukushima I find it impossible to advocate nuclear power. Could a race of perfect beings use nuclear power safely? Yes. Can humans? No.

The truth is we're fucked no matter what energy source we use.

#16     Mar 15, 2012
  7. jem

jem

you wonder who in their right minds could ever advocate more nuclear power. we are storing the waste in pools on site. its insane. So Cal suffers very real fukushima risk.

#17     Mar 15, 2012
  8. BSAM

BSAM

#18     Mar 15, 2012
  9. Banjo

Banjo

Thorium/ molten salt, the Chinese will implement it first. Their energy needs will force them to quit screwing around and just do it.

#19     Mar 15, 2012
  10. jem

jem

I have read about thorium reactors... I need to learn more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thorium

Okay.. now I know why REE was an interesting stock a while ago. (my best percentage gain in years.)

Thorium is in monzanite (sp) and considered a rare earth element which is not so rare.

Now I know why china i cutting back on the export or rare earth elements.

#20     Mar 15, 2012