Crazy Details About The Bank That's Been Accused Of Transferring $250 Billion To Iran

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by OnClose, Aug 6, 2012.

1. piezoe

piezoe

It is a curious observation. I think, to note that while Russia is moving toward greater personal freedom and privacy, and a slightly less authoritarian government, albeit very slowly, the U.S. is moving slowly toward a more authoritarian government and less personal freedom and privacy. In other words, toward those things that flag waving U.S. politicians and fundamentalist clergy vehemently railed against in the 1950's.

#11     Aug 7, 2012
  2. "Motivated by greed, SCB acted for at least ten years without any regard for the legal, reputational, and national security consequences of its flagrantly deceptive actions," the New York Department of Financial Services says.

It seems to me that we will read these words again for a lot of other institutions including many world governments, TBTF banks, and weapons manufacturers. (Clip future comments from future articles to compare to this one.)

It would be hard to believe that the US military didn't know or suspect the source of funding already. If it was allowed to run on anyways, then the whole world is one big war game.

Morality and profit are not related concepts. Google "can morality and profitability coexist".

#12     Aug 7, 2012
  3. There are two ways of looking at this.

One, it is an example of typical British arrogance and irritation at having to follow the US' lead. In that case, the punishment should be something the Brits would appreciate, ie a good solid caning. That would amount to crippling billion plus fines, jail terms for multiple execs and revocation of all US banking licenses.

Two, nothing of this magnitufde could have existed without MI6 and the CIA beng aware of it. It probably centered in Dubai, which is essentially run by MI6. The security sevrices no odubt used the program to track payments to terrorist groups and companies willing to provide dangerous items to Iran. Bank management probably got the green light through winks and raised eyebrows at boozy lunches in the numerous old boys clubs in St. james. Right out of LeCarre. In this case, the US branch will get a substantial fine and a few employees will have to take the fall. Life goes on.

Of course, there is a third tantalizing possibility. Iranian intelligence could have penetrated the bank's upper echelons, either through recruitment, bribery, blackmail or who knows what. It's not like betrayal at the highest levels isn't a British tradition. too.

#13     Aug 7, 2012
  4. Interesting comments.

So are the American's now friends with Al Queda by quietly supporting freedom fighters in Syria? (exactly like Libya) Iran might be the next target for freedom fighters. Just like the novel 1984 mentioning continual war and flipping sides on a dime.

You just can't make up fiction to compare with the grand chessboard of world government politics!

#14     Aug 7, 2012
  5. eurojack

eurojack

The whole country of U.S.A is based on a genocide. How does that make you feel? Proud I guess. Can you beat that?
    Embargo on Iran will not work, because Iran produces near 100% of goods they consume. Iran produces, not imports, therefore isolation is useless in their case. What they import could be replaced by domestic production easily. You could build a wall around Iran and you wouldn't hurt them a bit. They have everything they need in order to function properly as a country and will survive no matter what happens around them. That's what I call proper taking care of your country. On the other hand, globalization is a house built of cards. One card down and the whole house gets fucked up and we've built a really large house on such weak foundation. You call that smart? Living outside of your possibilities and they crying when reality catches up with you? I take it you've never been to Iran. I have and Iran is nothing like the media tries to present. They are very open, modern and educated bunch. The only "genocidal breeds" that need to be on a leash are US and Israel partnered together with their biggest genocidal allies such as Saudi Arabia in the Middle East where women still can't drive cars and walk around freely. Oh wait...

#15     Aug 9, 2012

6. interesting:confused:

#16     Aug 9, 2012