crazy christians: tithing comes before your mortgage or bills.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 18, 2011.

1. stu

stu

That is by any standard a definition of self-serving and self-interest.
    You expect to get something back. Nothing more than an investment gamble to satisfy your own selfish philosophical outlook.

So as a church, as a christian, you anticipate 100x reward, and grant yourself a hope of heaven no doubt.

I suggest you go read your buy bull again. It says different.
    I doubt a christian like yourself could ever truly understand what the definition of good was.

#11     Oct 18, 2011
  2. jem

jem

When it comes to getting the peace of God your life and knowing what is good.... its seems beyond your ken, currently. I hope that changes.

---

1st, if you do not believe, its very hard to give away significant money to a church.
    I leave the judging of motivations to God. I prefer to judge actions.
    I suspect if you are being a good custodian of Gods grace, he will find a way to work on your motivations. But again that is between God and the person with the assets.

But let me also note... acting in faith vs acting for reward are very different experiences. The person acting knows the difference.

Finally, when I think about it, I doubt God cares. I suspect the real key is not faith or acts but acting in faith. You act in faith and it changes your insides.

#12     Oct 18, 2011
  3. ===========
    :D Thats funny, i agree with much of it.
    I know some others that tithe & also refuse to pay a mortgage;
    but that is because they paid cash for thier property:D

And i don't know if the founder of Facebook watches FOX , or is a tither;
    but he strangely agrees with Dave ''FOX channel'' Ramsey.Dave says tithe, & get out of the cave, kill something , & drag it back.

The founder of Facebook kills his own meat;
    a real kill on the grocery bill.:cool: :D

#13     Oct 19, 2011