crazy christians:there is no such thing as rape.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 17, 2011.

1. if a woman gets raped she deserved it:

I don’t care what did or did not happen to her. First and foremost, I don’t believe rape exists. When there are incidents that are classified as “rape,” or names that are similar, what usually ends up happening is that the “victim” tends to “forget” to mention immodesty, flirty actions, or other conduct on their part that contributed to the matter. A woman who dresses immodestly must accept accountability for her choice of attire.

If, in fact, this girl was being molested or forced into prostitution as the media outlets say her tweets claimed, then it was her fault that it happened, and continued to happen.
    http://www.michaelcrook.org/2011/11/15/ashley-billasano-did-not-defend-her-virtue/

2. Mercor

Mercor

First this is a Mormon view.

Mormon and Christians differ on their contemporary view of women in each culture.

The main point is you. You are dealing with some repressed moral and religious issues to keep wanting to pin everything back to a 2000 year old event.

A Freudian might think there was some religious centered forced homosexuality in your past.

3. mormans are christians. just ask romney. as far as priest rape. nope i wasnt a catholic i was a baptist but you are welcome to keep trying to rationalize your acceptance of 2000 year old sheepherder rantings over intellectual honesty.

4. I thought Mormons were Christians.

5. jem

jem

Major differences.

Christian believe in the trinity and say that trinity is part of one God.

Mormons believe in many gods who were once men.

http://www.irr.org/mit/is-mormonism-christian.html
    1. Is There More Than One True God?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that there is only one True and Living God and apart from Him there are no other Gods (Deuteronomy 6:4; Isaiah 43:10,11; 44:6,8; 45:21,22; 46:9; Mark 12:29-34).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that there are many Gods (Book of Abraham 4:3ff), and that we can become gods and goddesses in the celestial kingdom (Doctrine and Covenants 132:19-20; Gospel Principles, p. 245; Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 130). It also teaches that those who achieve godhood will have spirit children who will worship and pray to them, just as we worship and pray to God the Father (Gospel Principles, p. 302).

2. Was God Once a Man Like Us?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that God is Spirit (John 4:24; 1 Timothy 6:15,16), He is not a man (Numbers 23:19; Hosea 11:9; Romans 1:22, 23), and has always (eternally) existed as God — all powerful, all knowing, and everywhere present (Psalm 90:2; 139:7-10; Isaiah 40:28; Luke 1:37).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that God the Father was once a man like us who progressed to become a God and has a body of flesh and bone (Doctrine and Covenants 130:22; "God himself was once as we are now, and is an exalted man, and sits enthroned in yonder heavens!" from Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, pp. 345-347; Gospel Principles, p. 9; Articles of Faith, p. 430; Mormon Doctrine, p. 321). Indeed, the Mormon Church teaches that God himself has a father, and a grandfather, ad infinitum (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 373; Mormon Doctrine, p. 577).

3. Are Jesus and Satan Spirit Brothers?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that Jesus is the unique Son of God; he has always existed as God, and is co-eternal and co-equal with the Father (John 1:1, 14; 10:30; 14:9; Colossians 2:9). While never less than God, at the appointed time He laid aside the glory He shared with the Father (John 17:4, 5; Philippians 2:6-11) and was made flesh for our salvation; His incarnation was accomplished through being conceived supernaturally by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin (Matthew 1:18-23; Luke 1:34-35).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that Jesus Christ is our elder brother who progressed to godhood, having first been procreated as a spirit child by Heavenly Father and a heavenly mother; He was later conceived physically through intercourse between Heavenly Father and the virgin Mary (D&C 93:21; Journal of Discourses, 1:50-51; Gospel Principles, p. 11-13; Achieving a Celestial Marriage, p. 129; Bruce R. McConkie, Mormon Doctrine, pp. 546-547; 742; Ezra Taft Benson, Come unto Christ, p. 4; Robert L. Millet, The Mormon Faith: Understanding Restored Christianity, p. 31). Mormon doctrine affirms that Jesus, all angels, Lucifer, all demons, and all human beings are originally spirit brothers and sisters (Abraham 3:22-27; Moses 4:1-2; Gospel Principles, pp. 17-18; Mormon Doctrine, p. 192).

4. Is God a Trinity?

The Bible teaches and orthodox Christians through the ages have believed that Father, Son, and Holy Spirit or Holy Ghost are not separate Gods or separate beings, but are distinct Persons within the one Triune Godhead. Throughout the New Testament the Son and the Holy Spirit, as well as the Father are separately identified as and act as God (Son: Mark 2:5-12; John 20:28; Philippians 2:10,11; Holy Spirit: Acts 5:3,4; 2 Corinthians 3:17,18; 13:14); yet at the same time the Bible teaches that these three are only one God (see point 1).

By contrast, the Mormon Church teaches that Father, Son, and Holy Ghost are three separate Gods (Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith, p. 370; Mormon Doctrine, pp. 576-577), and that the Son and Holy Ghost are the literal offspring of Heavenly Father and a celestial wife (Joseph Fielding McConkie, Encyclopedia of Mormonism, vol. 2, p. 649).

6. jem

jem

but if Romney wins, I do think the religion issue will be much of an issue.

it will be jobs and taxes and spending.

7. Mormons are not Christians. Their beliefs are so much different. for instance....they believe God lives on Planet Kolob and if you do enough missionary work here on earth then one day you will get your own planet and get to create spirit babies.

Mormons are also told to do whatever it takes to covert someone, including lie about your beliefs. No mormon will ever mention Kolob unless you bring it up first, or maybe have been in their church a few years.

8. is that any dumber than christians believing there is a place in the sky where the streets are paved in gold and if you say just the right things you will get your own mansion in the sky?

in any case its beyond the point. want to bet that i can find "real christians" that believe the same thing about women?

9. =====================
    Big arrow;
    Like Jem said ''big difference'' . It's true that Dr Jerry Falwell included Mormans in his Moral Majarity Org , but never claimed they were Christians..........................................

Another big diffrence;
    All true Christians accept the old testament, may or may not eat pork-thats another thread. No true Christian confuses the book of Morman having the same authority/power as Gods Word -the Holy Bible.

John Moses Browning was a Morman, brilliant/amazing gunsmith/gun Co;
    great guns, then & now. I wish he had been a Baptist or Pentacostal Christian.................................. Cool

Probably is shocking how few Christian or Mormans voted for Mr. Romney.

I don think Mr Romney's word means much at all/flip flopper ;
    also I remember he joins the NRA [National Rifle Assoc]way too late in campaign - it seemed for simply for show & tell.....................

10. ====================
    Free T;
    Christianity is a new birth=born again/born above;
    its not simply ''talk'' Its talk & walk, more so walk than talk..

Also while salvation songs do sing about streets paved with gold;
    the Bible says ''street of pure gold,'' so you may want to think bigger, deeper....

Believe it or not??;
    gold is still in an uptrend-not a prediction. Hope this helps;
    it helped me.:cool:

#10     Nov 17, 2011