crazy christians: the satan churches.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Jul 21, 2011.

1. anybody see this on nightline last night. these people are seriously wacked. i feel sorry for the children subjected to this type of mental abuse:

'Battle With the Devil': Meeting People Who Believe Satan Tortured Them
    In a small church just outside Buffalo, N.Y., people are retching and coughing up into paper bags. A few are incessantly, forcefully, weirdly yawning. An 8-year-old boy is tackled and pinned to the ground as he yells out, "Get off of me!" Someone gets hit in the back of the head by a large man erupting around the room in a screaming fit. There is much fervent praying and quiet weeping.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/terry-moran/battle-with-the-devil-mee_b_903973.html
    ---------------------------------------------------------------
    http://abcnews.go.com/Health/castin...mons-mucus-saliva-ny-church/story?id=14075667

The deliverance begins quietly with Pastor Goguen commanding his flock to get rid of their demons -- demons that he says enter the body through our breath. The first sign of deliverance is when people begin to yawn incessantly or burp. As the service continues, many start to gag and cough.

"Some of this is painful," Goguen said. "It's just that demon having to leave under the authority and the power of the lord Jesus Christ."

Before long, the room becomes filled with people screaming, moaning and grunting. Some are writhing on the floor with others holding them down, telling the demons to leave their bodies.

2. bone

bone

We live in an open, pluralistic society.

Deal with it.

You appear so closed-minded and immature passing judgement on others.

3. i guess if one were open minded. like you are. this stuff seems normal to you?

The way to deal with superstition is not to be polite to it, but to tackle it with all arms, and so rout it, cripple it, and make it forever infamous and ridiculous. Henry Louis Mencken

by the way if you are going to respond to my threads block out your spam advertising. i dont want to be a party to you conning newbees out of money.

4. Except when it comes to embryonic stem cell research, pro choice and gay marriage, eh?

5. bone

bone

I don't take newbies. Never have, never will. There you go blindly passing judgement without thinking again.

6. bone

bone

I don't recall every objecting to any of that.

7. really? i doubt many experienced people would fall for what you are trying to pass off.

putting bone on ignore. he has taken to my threads as an apologist for things like priests raping boys and the crazy things described in this thread. i dont mind that because that is part of the plan to educate but i think he has an ulterior motive. his posts all have an advertisement for his service of seperating unsuspecting newbees from their money. if i converse with him i am helping him take advantage of people. in good concience i cant be a party to that.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Don't do it, keep up the fight, or at least ignore him through self-discipline.

9. bone

bone

I have sixty clients who were all experienced traders with track records before they hired me.

And two private funds have hired me as well.

10. Didn't say you did. But your brethren on your side of both the political and religious aisles would and generally do. How about their "closed-minded and immature passing of judgement on others in an open, pluralistic society?" When was the last time you gave them a dressing down?

#10     Jul 21, 2011