crazy christians: Spare the rod, save the child. UNTIL YOU KILL THEM.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 18, 2011.

1. This is a report of a Fundamentalist Christian couple who beat thier 7 year old child to death as part of the practice of corporal punishment to which they subscribed as per instructions given them by God. They were following the detailed methodology of child torture supplied in a book called To Train Up A Child. Which may or may not be related to a book called Train Up a Child: Successful Parenting for the Next Generation.

Nine children were subject to this abuse over several years. The child who died was adopted.
    http://scienceblogs.com/gregladen/2011/08/train_up_a_child_in.php

2. Lucrum

Lucrum

"crazy christians bla bla bla"

Couldn't you at least come up with some different thread titles?

3. These are not Christians, they're lunatics. Just because someone claims something, it doesn't make it true!

4. interesting thought process. any person who does not act like i think he should act isnt a real christian.

so then are any of the republicans wanting to slash benefits for the poor real christians? if jesus taught anything it was standing up for the poor.

"the young man said. "What do I still lack?" Jesus answered, "If you want to be perfect, go, sell your possessions and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." "

5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Shoosh, you're gonna ruin Pee Drinkers fun.

6. Read that line carefully. Jesus didnt say "Sell your NEIGHBORS possessions and give them to the poor, did he?"

8. just in case you think, as the christian apologists have hinted, that this is just an isolated case of one family of christian nutcases. think again. there are a whole lot of them. this preacher is the one telling people to beat their children and he has sold a lot of books:

http://www.nogreaterjoy.org/

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Are YOU an isolated anti-religion nut case?

10. bone

bone

Why does Barack Obama believe in God, and profess his love for his "make believe deity" on a regular basis ? Why can't Obama get rid of "In God We Trust" off the US currency ? I thought he was smarter than that.

#10     Aug 18, 2011