crazy christians: Rick Perry discusses how God sends him messages.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 15, 2011.

1. #31     Sep 15, 2011
  2. Taking a break from sucking maxipads cock and now working on Bone I see

#32     Sep 15, 2011
  3. Heaven =sky

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heaven

The modern English word heaven is derived from the earlier (Middle English) spelling heven (attested 1159); this in turn was developed from the previous Old English form heofon. By c. 1000, heofon was being used in reference to the Christianized "place where God dwells", but originally, it had signified "sky, firmament"[1] (e.g. in Beowulf, c. 725). The English term has cognates in the other Germanic languages: Old Saxon heƀan "sky, heaven", Middle Low German heven "sky", Old Icelandic himinn "sky, heaven", Gothic himins; and those with a variant final -l: Old Frisian himel, himul "sky, heaven", Old Saxon/Old High German himil, Dutch hemel, and modern German Himmel. All of these have been derived from a reconstructed Proto-Germanic form *Hemina-.[2] In many languages, the word for "heaven" is the same as the word for "sky".
    [edit]

#33     Sep 15, 2011
  4. Do you people make this shit up :confused: :confused: :confused:

Not only was Obama a professor the school asked him to switch from part time to full time

http://www.factcheck.org/2008/03/obama-a-constitutional-law-professor/

However, on this matter the University of Chicago Law School itself is not standing on formality, and is siding with Obama.
    Due to numerous press inquiries on the matter, the school released a carefully worded statement saying that for his 12 years there he was considered to be "a professor."

UC Law School statement:

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

#34     Sep 16, 2011
    #35     Sep 16, 2011

6. 1.I never said Obama wasn't a dumbass for believing in god,so there is nothing hypocritical

2.It will come down to 2 choices,do I vote for the guy who says he believes in the man in the sky(Obama) ? ,or do I vote for the guy who thinks god made it stop raining in Texas for a year and a half to send him a message or the guy who has magic underwear:confused: :confused: :confused:

BTW I dont think Obama really believes in god as his mom was an atheist and he only got religious to fight the Muslim claims.I don't think he has even found a new church yet.Going to church in Chicago was more about socializing,church being a part of black culture and making connections imo

http://blogs.reuters.com/frontrow/2011/01/16/obamas-make-rare-church-visit/

Obamas make rare church visit

President Barack Obama , his wife Michelle, and their two daughters made a rare visit to a Washington church service on Sunday and were promptly invited by the pastor to become members of the congregation.

The Metropolitan African Methodist Episcopal Church, a few blocks from the White House, welcomed the Obama family for a special service celebrating Martin Luther King, Jr. on the eve of the holiday honoring the slain civil rights leader.

Michelle Obama received more applause than her husband when the first family’s arrival was announced in church. She was even treated to a round of “Happy Birthday.” She turns 47 on Monday.

When it came time for the Reverend Marie Braxton to say a few words, she promised Mrs. Obama that if the first lady decided to join the church with her family, there would be more than a spiritual force in her corner.

“It would be something if you joined our church, and I got to be your pastor and you got to be my girlfriend. And Mr. President, we would find something for you to do,” Braxton said.

Many local religious leaders have wondered when, or if, America’s first African American first family might choose a new church home,The Washington Post says in its story headlined “New appeal for Obamas as they mark holiday at black church.”

The Obamas rarely attend church in Washington and have not joined a congregation since coming to town two years ago.
    Obama has said it would be too disruptive to the congregation.

#36     Sep 16, 2011
  7. I've never met one person in my life that believes that description you gave is God. Maybe thats why atheists do not believe in God because they have the wrong idea of who and what God is.

#37     Sep 16, 2011
  8. rew

rew

So heaven means "sky" just because that was the meaning in the Middle Ages? Then why don't you diss all the foolish scientists who think that malaria is caused by "bad air", since that is where that word comes from?

#38     Sep 16, 2011
  9. bone

bone

So, your point being, you are perfectly willing to support lying hypocrites of the highest order. And in the same breath, like your brethren Pee Drinker, make outrageous and vacuous judgement statements about others. Nice.

#39     Sep 16, 2011
  10. Lucrum

Lucrum

Good idea, all work and no play makes IQ 47 a dull boy.

#40     Sep 16, 2011