crazy christians: jesus changes your dna when you accept him.

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Jun 17, 2011.

1. i wish he would quit responding to my threads. i dont want to be a party to huckster informercials.

#11     Jun 18, 2011
  2. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Indeed we can, FT!

So... couple of questions.

1)If you have, let's say, a pet parakeet/chicken/other bird...
    what part of it's DNA shows it evolved from reptiles? =birds evolved from dinosaurs

2)If you have had your DNA tested lately...
    what breed of ape/monkey did it show your family evolved from? =man evolved from monkeys

I'm serious.

(Not implying that I'm in agreement with the preacher.)
    (However, there absolutely will be a spiritual change if you TRULY accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior.)

2 Corinthians 5:15-17..."He (Jesus Christ) died for all, that those who live should no longer live for themselves but for Him who died for them and was raised again. So from now on we regard no one from a worldly point of view. Though we once regarded Christ in this way, we do so no longer. Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things have passed away, the new things have come."

#12     Jun 19, 2011
  3. stu

stu

Serious!?
    If you were serious , I don't think you would really make such ridiculous remarks.

This is the 21st century in case you hadn't noticed. There is this thing called the internet. Go and educate yourself a little.

Look up ribosome and ribosomal DNA which connects in detailed fact how every living thing including your pet parakeet and yourself are related.

You might learn how the DNA sequence of ribosomal RNA in all living things - remains constant - and so is known as a conserved molecule - and as such how the match is found across all organisms, which simply wouldn't be there unless related .

Then you would have enough hard information to realize how all living things are related.

Then you might go and read about Phylogenetics and with just your smidgen of understanding in the modern science of DNA , you might understand how Darwin got it dead right in his revolutionary findings that all living things on earth are related.
    Everything connected to each other through common ancestry, from single cell organisms, to plants, to parrots, to you.

Or you could just not bother, don't think, stay ignorant, and prefer to pretend that childishly mythical characters and fictional events in worn out ancient biblical folk stories answer all your very dumb and uneducated questions well enough to confound any intelligence you might have.

#13     Jun 19, 2011
  4. that is one of the things i dislike most about religion. if forces its followers to be willfully ignorant to make the story fit the book.

even enlightened christians understand that all living things are related:

"Actually, I find no conflict here, and neither apparently do the 40 percent of working scientists who claim to be believers. Yes, evolution by descent from a common ancestor is clearly true. If there was any lingering doubt about the evidence from the fossil record, the study of DNA provides the strongest possible proof of our relatedness to all other living things. By Dr. Francis Collins
    Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D., is the director of the Human Genome Project. His most recent book is "The Language of God: A Scientist Presents Evidence for Belief." http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/04/03/collins.commentary/index.html
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    http://blue.butler.edu/~mzimmerm/Christian_Clergy/ChrClergyLtr.htm
    The Clergy Letter - from American Christian clergy
    – An Open Letter Concerning Religion and Science
    We believe that the theory of evolution is a foundational scientific truth, one that has stood up to rigorous scrutiny and upon which much of human knowledge and achievement rests. To reject this truth or to treat it as “one theory among others” is to deliberately embrace scientific ignorance and transmit such ignorance to our children.

#14     Jun 19, 2011
  5. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

Stu,
    Although there is much that is similar in the organizational character of species, each species' DNA is different: man, animals, birds, reptiles, fish. I know you realize that.
    We can even go as far to say that science proves that all living things DNA share some of the same molecules as a handfull of dirt. I know you realize that as well.
    However... never has it been proven that chickens evolved from dinosaurs and man evolved from the ape/monkey.
    It seems you and Free Thinker are getting theory mixed up with what is provable fact.
    If you can prove the theories you believe in... which you cannot... you would make history and this type of thread would become extinct.
    Meanwhile... you will post the science you think is right and I'll do the same as long as it is in harmony with God's Word.
    Genesis 1:24-Then God said, "Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind...
    Genesis 2:19-Out of the ground the Lord God formed every beast of the field and every bird of the sky...
    1 Corinthians 15:39-All flesh is not the same flesh, but there is flesh of men, another flesh of beasts, another flesh of birds, and another of fish.

#15     Jun 20, 2011
  6. rcn10ec

rcn10ec

FT,
    Same can be said conscerning atheism as well.

#16     Jun 20, 2011
  7. as678

as678

Not really.

#17     Jun 20, 2011
  8. =================
    Lu cru;

Excellant points;
    I wish that Chicago Preacher would change. He simply snarles, snarles /mean mouth so much i wonder if he is a wolf in sheeps clothing , the classic illustration Jesus used to identify a false prophet.

Change your DNA????? A Christian [Repenter/change of mind/motion]is changed so much, a lot more than DNA is changed. I listen to an Arab for years. That Egyptian, DR Michael Useff siding with the the Israelites & the Bible;
    its Israelite land, even if Egyptian try to kill him for that.

Wonder what God says about it;
    If any man be in Christ he is a new creation.
    :cool:

#18     Jun 20, 2011
  9. luxor

luxor

Actually Darwin was hardly original in believing all things evolved or were related. Even some of the ancient Greek philosophers understood that. Darwin's contribution was to outline a mechanism for evolution-- evolution through natural selection of random mutations.

This form of evolution (microevolution) has been observed in moth coloring and bacteria resistance and the like, but its another thing entirely to posit that this type of evolution could lead to the development of, for example, major complex structures like the eye (whether its a simple light-detecting cell or the human eye) or a wing or even a feather. Even the development of resistance to antibiotics in bacteria is nor really "evolution" because the mutations that make this happen are actually a corruption of the bacteria's proteins...antibiotic molecules can no longer bind to the mutant proteins to shut them down.

Single colonies of bacteria has been continuously observed in the laboratory for almost 50 years now. Bacteria reproduce every 20 minutes, so that's over a million generations now. They are still very happy to remain bacteria. If the goal of life is to the survival of the gene pool, there's nothing better than being a single-celled prokaryotic bacteria--there should be no selective pressure to grow larger and more complex.

Even in an infinitely old universe, the mind reels to imagine that complex biochemical processes and accompanying superstructures could blindly develop without some type of external guidance or design.

#19     Jul 19, 2011
  10. Apparently the internet is about the extent of your "education" based on the STUpid drivel you post.

#20     Jul 19, 2011