crazy christians:Interracial Couples Banned From Kentucky Church

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Ricter

Ricter

Would Jesus have barred this couple from attending His church?

#21     Dec 5, 2011
  2. jem

jem

no thinker... did you read this? did you understand this?

#22     Dec 5, 2011
  3. dont know about McVeigh other than he was a catholic. his religion surely didnt stop him from murder.
    of course catholic teachings come into play when christians murder abortion doctors.

#23     Dec 5, 2011
  4. but NEITHER did his religion order him to do it, advise him to do it or anything along those lines ... in fact the OPPOSITE is true, it advised him not to, in as much as it can ordered him not to, etc

you are giving yourself away as biased, non-genuine, and generally trolling propagandist when you ignore information that is contrary to your pre-ordained "religious" message (you can never be wrong, by fiat, etc), one that is decreed because you say so, based on eisegesis not exegesis

to repeat: any tool can be used for good or evil, for right or wrong, for the new age non-descriptive "positive" and "negative" (which really describe on/off, not a moral statement), this includes a knife, a torch, a gun, etc ... do torches make people torch buildings or is it a tendency to be an arsonist?

does the scalpel make 1 / 1 000 000 doctors murder someone? is it the tools fault? what about chainsaws ... they even made a series of movies about that a while back! are you equally anti-chainsaw, anti-scalpel as you are "anti-Christian" (i put that in quotes because you are actually, really anti-non-Christian behaviour as directed by scripture)

does scripture make war mongering leaders or does a tendency towards anti social personality make them view religion in a psychopathic eisegesic way, rationalizing whatever they can manage to and plain ignoring the rest, and using religion to manipulate people just like they use any tool to manipulate people ... and guess who's leading the charge on their behalf? YOU.

Wake up mate.

#24     Dec 5, 2011
  5. not true at all. the scriptures demand murder for a whole host of things. it is true that most christians ignore those mandates these days but they are there.

#25     Dec 5, 2011
  6. jem

jem

As a former fundamentalist... you know what you just said is absurd. You know Christians teach that Jesus fulfilled the law. Which is why Christians are not simply practicing Jews who believe the Messiah came.

You know what a full of shit troll you are.

#26     Dec 5, 2011
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I don't think FT is a troll, I think he's a genuine true believer. He's just changed immortality projects, that's all.

#27     Dec 5, 2011
  8. you dont even know your bible. christians like to claim they are not bound by the ot unless they want to be but jesus had other ideas:
    Matthew 5
    For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass away, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

19Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

#28     Dec 5, 2011
  9. jem

jem

ahh so you were one of those fringe fundamentalists who insists the sabbath is a Saturday. Perhaps its time you re read the new testament for yourself.

Do you know what happened on Easter Sunday? That was the fulfillment of the law. If you wish I can explain it to you. The law points to the need for a redeemer because we do not merit being in the presence of God on our own.

Also note... I noticed you pointed out McVeigh was a Catholic in response to my question about Christian teachings. Did, does your fringe group state Catholics are not Christians?

#29     Dec 5, 2011
  10. you can always tell a sunday school christian. they always try to twist words to make them fit what they want to believe. dont you think that if god inspired the bible,as christians claim, he was smart enough to get the wording right? did you notice the words "till all" before fulfiled? what meaning does that infer to the word fulfilled?

#30     Dec 5, 2011