crazy christians:Interracial Couples Banned From Kentucky Church

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Dec 2, 2011.

#11     Dec 2, 2011
  2. stu

stu

#12     Dec 3, 2011
  3. so why should we ridicule christians for stupid behavior? because there has to be a cost for that behavior and if thinking people say nothing evil will flourish. if enough people stand up and say enough, religious crazies like you will have to demonstrate behavior acceptable to society in 2011.
    its not easy because religion in america gets a pass on stupidity but at least in this case we have a small victory:

Church That Voted To Ban Interracial Couples Revisits Decision After Uproar
    The policy has drawn a firestorm of criticism in just a few days and sent church leaders scrambling to overturn it, perhaps as early as Sunday. The executive secretary of the church's national organization said he has been inundated with angry phone calls, and had an inch-high stack of emails printed out on his desk

#13     Dec 3, 2011
  4. Did we already forget Weiner?

#14     Dec 3, 2011
  5. In the long run people will stop marrying all together. It's the liberal thing to do. Don't get married and have sex with anything that moves.

#15     Dec 3, 2011
  6. Nah, they'll marry, then divorce, just like Kim Kardashian. [​IMG]

#16     Dec 3, 2011

7. I don't call myself a Christian, but I've actually read parts of scripture. What I learned is that 99% of those criticizing scripture have not read any of it, much of it, know any historical context and generally are quite ignorant. They wouldn't even know the outline of an Introduction to Religions 101 course, let alone be able to honestly participate in a class discussion. I'm speaking from some experience having said some of those things myself in the past.

Perhaps there isn't anything about religion itself to be against, but more specifically the twisting and manipulation of it.

For example, any tool can be used for good or evil. A knife, a torch, a vehicle and yes scripture as well. The question becomes, is the person doing evil using the tool properly? For its intended purpose? If not, that doesn't make the tool (religion) bad, it makes misusing that tool bad!

Let the cognitive dissonance begin.

#17     Dec 3, 2011
  8. jem

jem

What you are doing would not be tolerated - if you were doing it to muslims or jews or any other group. You are trying to marginalize all Christians because you have for some reason rejected your fundamentalist background and seek revenge.

When there are a few billion Christians in the world it is not to hard to find a few stupid acts. You have become a disgusting troll.

Because you typically select the acts of stupid people and blame it on their religion.

#18     Dec 5, 2011
  9. you dumb ass. this thread is about a church voting to ban a couple because of skin color. you think it has nothing to do with their religion?

#19     Dec 5, 2011
  10. jem

jem

I have to reconsider my thoughts... I may also have to stop insulting you. This is a bit scary. Do you understand what I was saying?

Do you think Timothy McVeigh bombed because of Christian teachings.
    Do you think people kill abortion doctors because of Catholic teachings.
    Do you think guns kill people?

#20     Dec 5, 2011