crazy christians:herman cain god told me to run.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 14, 2011.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

Oh boy! Another crazy Free from Thinking thread.

#11     Nov 14, 2011
  2. Yeah, I finally realized I should just put him on my ignore list. Now there's a noticeable lack of 1 star threads on this forum :p

#12     Nov 14, 2011
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

Free from Thinking does own as many of them as anyone else.

#13     Nov 14, 2011
  4. Ricter

Ricter

That's good, now you only see opinions you agree with.

#14     Nov 14, 2011
  5. FreeThinker isn't the only person who posts opinions I don't agree with.

#15     Nov 14, 2011
  6. Mercor

Mercor

FreeThinker is a religious bigot.
    He is very personally prejudiced against anyone who finds truth in energies beyond his own five senses.

#16     Nov 14, 2011
  7. truth. now thats funny. what evidence did you base this "truth" on?

"What should I trust . . . the scientific method which allows 1000 independent scientists to come to the same conclusion . . . or a 1000 independent theists who each hold a separate picture of supposedly the same single deity, and all without a shred of evidence or research to repeat independently? Whatever we do know about the universe is all due to science -"

#17     Nov 14, 2011
  8. Mercor

Mercor

Ultimately, religion is about what each of us gets from it.
    It has little to do with ceremonies or rituals.
    The doctrines are there, either you will accept them or you don't. If I find my personal truth, hope and spirit from believing doctrines why do you wish to prove me wrong?

We all seek to find our inspiration in life. For some it is money or material goods or family, why not allow others to find their belief in a spirit?

#18     Nov 14, 2011
  9. because your brand of superstition has stated goals of taking over american government and education.
    if you were to quietly have your grape juice drinking ceremonies in your church and leave it at that nobody would care but that is not enough. your religion insists on spreading hate and getting us into wars. thinking people are forced to say enough.

You find as you look around the world that every single bit of progress in humane feeling, every improvement in the criminal law, every step toward the diminution of war, every step toward better treatment of the colored races, or every mitigation of slavery, every moral progress that there has been in the world, has been consistently opposed by the organized churches of the world. I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.”
    — Bertrand Russell, Why I am Not a Christian, 1927

#19     Nov 14, 2011
  10. Mercor

Mercor

Christianity has come a long way since 1927.

The church today is against Capital punishment, for racial equality, for redistribution to the poor.
    It was the Quakers and the Mennonites in the 1600's who first fought against slavery.

The Pope is against war of all kinds.

You are so bias against religion you don't think straight.

#20     Nov 15, 2011