crazy christians:herman cain god told me to run.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 14, 2011.

1. ok now we have 5 republicans claiming that god told them to run for president. we have sarah palin,michele bachman, rick santorum, rick perry and now herman cain claiming that god told them to run for president.
    god is supposed to have OMNISCIENCE. that means he already would know who was going to win. why does he ask 5 different ones to run? so either god has gone senile or these republicans are just making shit up to pander to the gullible. republican apologists. which do you think it is?

Herman Cain: God Convinced Me To Run For President

Former Godfather's Pizza CEO Herman Cain says that God told him to run for president, National Journal reports.

"I prayed and prayed and prayed," Cain told about 100 members of the Georgia Young Republicans in Atlanta on Saturday. "I'm a man of faith, I had to do a lot of praying for this one, more praying than I'd ever done before in my life. And when I finally realized that it was God saying that this is what I needed to do, I was like Moses. 'You've got the wrong man, Lord. Are you sure?'"

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/11/12/herman-cain-god-president-2012_n_1090068.html

2. He prayed and prayed and prayed...... then God convinced him.

3. Ricter

Ricter

Because He thinks it will be a good exercise for them, those who won't win included.

4. well, to be honest, it *might* be better to have a president who listens to a god than it is than someone who listens to a big banker. a president who listens to god would believe they'd go to hell if they fail their people. a president who listens to whoever else doesn't shit about anything besides the campaign funding and whatever else they get.

5. God knows they need the exercise. :) .

Prepare them for 2016 or 2020.

6. lol. man. who filled you head with such superstitious nonsense? how has that worked out so far considering no person who does not believe in god could ever be elected in this country?

"George Bush says he speaks to god every day, and christians love him for it. If George Bush said he spoke to god through his hair dryer, they would think he was mad. I fail to see how the addition of a hair dryer makes it any more absurd."

7. you either didn't read what i posted or didn't understand it.

a president who believes in god will think he will go to hell if he fails as president.

a president who doesn't believe in god will be more interested in personal gain.

i'm not saying this holds true to reality though, it's just the way one would assume it works.

do you ever discuss things? do you know what a discussion is? you can't just post something and think it's a fact because you posted it.

8. wtf is there to discuss when you start out with this? "to be honest, it *might* be better to have a president who listens to a god than".

in one sentence you showed me you believe in gods,believe in hell and cant understand that your whole premis is falsified by the fact that past presidents, all of whom who have believed in god are not doing what you think they would do if they believed in your god. geeze.

9. i never said i believe in any gods. learn to spell if you want to be sassy on the internet. saying you identify with a religion publicly does not mean you necessarily believe in a god. maybe those presidents just said they were christians because that was the thing to do back then.

10. well i will be damed. a light must have switched on. the whole point of the op is that imaginary gods dont talk to anybody. the people who claim they do are just playing you for a fool.

#10     Nov 14, 2011