crazy christians:'Harry Potter and yoga are evil', says Catholic Church

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 29, 2011.

1. rew

rew

Suppose I kept putting up one post after another describing foolish or criminal things done by blacks. I only showed black people in a bad light, never acknowledging the millions of black people who lead decent and honest lives.

I would be called a racist, a Nazi, and a thoroughly evil person.

Yet this is exactly what Freethinker does to Christians.

#21     Dec 3, 2011
  2. [​IMG]

lol

#22     Dec 4, 2011
  3. To repeat:

"What I learned is that 99% of those criticizing scripture have not read any of it, much of it, know any historical context and generally are quite ignorant.:

It's not really your fault, it certainly wasn't mine when I was a fool. What was my fault to some degree was constantly ignoring contrary information to my belief system at the time. Similarly, it is partially your fault for posting a sophomoric or perhaps plain childish graph that is more of a joke than an accurate representation of anything. It is highly likely you are one of the people I speak of in the quote and it is also highly likely you will ignore this second post as well ... and continue believing half-truth misrepresentations.

#23     Dec 4, 2011

4. Please tell us which parts you read that elevated you from fool status,
    and if you would be so kind as to tell us what state or status you are now in.

#24     Dec 5, 2011
  5. Certainly. The parts which contradict and expose the half truth misrepresentations running rampant is "generally true". It wasn't just reading it, conversations with articulate people and appreciating the difference between the words exegesis and eisegesis (http://dictionary.reference.com/) were equally helpful.

What status am I in now? Well, I guess that depends on who's asking and what their belief system and understanding is now. It's like asking how good someone is with computers. If the one asking doesn't have any background then being able to make a chart in Excel is genius and perceived as a certain status. That same status is perceived differently by more experienced and learned disciples of computer related information. Similar with students of religious related information.

So you tell me, how will you be perceiving what state I am in now, what will be your frame of knowledge and reference? The tone and wording of your question resemble a high school physics student poking fun at Stephen Hawking. If I'm incorrect I am truly sorry and look forward to seeing how wrong I am by the impressive nature of your reply!

#25     Dec 5, 2011
  6. I think you are fos. there is no way you have really studied scripture.nobody with a ounce of reading comprehension could make the statement you just made.
    the bible advocates murder,torture,rape,racism,genocide,prostitution,polygamy,slavery,infanticide, incest and treating women like property. if you cant see anything to be against with any of those things it’s a reflection on you.

#26     Dec 5, 2011
  7. interesting how you have never yet been able to string a cogent argument together against any subject i have posted. still no matter what it is you attempt to spring to its defense with some childish attack.
    are you defending a preacher calling harry potter and yoga evil because you believe that or are you one of those that will excuse any behavior if its done in gods name?

You've probably all heard the quip about the advice they give new trial lawyers: If the evidence is not on your side, pound the law; if the law if not on your side, pound the evidence; if neither the law nor the evidence are on your side, pound the table

#27     Dec 5, 2011
  8. True you do think but you don't know and certainly can't PROVE anything. Anyone who says the kind of nonsense you just did 99% of the time has not studied a shred of any scripture and is exactly the type of person I referred to in earlier posts.

It appears quite clear from how I have written and presented myself so far that my literacy level is beyond any standard required to comprehend, if you can't see that for yourself I suppose that is a reflection on you.

Can you please show me where the Bible advocates those things without taking a quote COMPLETELY OUT OF CONTEXT? For example, the Bible talks about love as being a primary guide in life (to paraphrase). It famously says 'thou shalt not kill' and 'treat others like you would want to be treated.'

Therefore I suggest you have informed us that you are an exemplary sado-masochist who enjoys murdering, raping, torturing, and killing people - you are only treating others how you like to be treated, right? Am I close? I'm just trying to figure this out. You apparently lack empathy on a psychopathic level because you perceive these activities as loving, particularly infanticide. Or is infanticide no different from raping a grandmother, I'm just trying to figure out your personal interpretation. There's too many contradictions just based on the 10 commandments, let alone all stuff written in the New Testament.

Please don't pull some OT quotes out of context and call that proof. Know the difference between the terms old covenant and new covenant. Just the freaking absolute basics, then you can start to participate in a discussion with honesty. Other than that you are just repeating what you heard somewhere else, like a well trained monkey, because I know you haven't read the OT yourself and concluded it justifies the things you said. Puh-lease.

Do you like being used? That's what someone somewhere is doing to you unless these are YOUR OWN CONCLUSIONS! Do you own research. You'll have as much luck with scripture gurus as you do with trading gurus! You can quote me on that.

#28     Dec 5, 2011
  9. rew

rew

You miss the point entirely. Generally I don't consider you to be worth the trouble of debating. You always find the dumbest, most foolish, or most evil thing some Christian does and then try to imply that this is typical of Christianity.

Me, I just don't care what some silly preacher says about Harry Potter or yoga.

#29     Dec 5, 2011
  10. educate yourself: http://www.evilbible.com/Murder.htm

Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man -- living in the sky -- who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do.. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! ..But He loves you.

written by George Carlin

#30     Dec 5, 2011