crazy christians:'Harry Potter and yoga are evil', says Catholic Church

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by Free Thinker, Nov 29, 2011.

1. jem

jem

Mercor was using science to counter your empty bullshit about all evidence points to there not being a creator or another realm.

Whenever science is against your head in the sand atheism you start to lie.

All evidence points to the scientific fact that science has no proof life evolved from non life. Some award winning scientists state there was not enough time for life to evolve from non life on earth.

So if you can not even provide evidence that life evolved from non life on earth...
    clearly you have no evidence there is not a Creator.

#11     Nov 30, 2011
  2. jem lets keep your psudoscience confined to the other thread. thats what that thread is for. to document how christians use psudoscience to rationalize superstition.

by the way. since you are a catholic do you think harry potter and yoga are satanic?

#12     Nov 30, 2011
  3. jem

jem

you are such a fraud when it come to science and atheism.

It really is a joke because I have shown you the science. But for the benefit of those who do not know. I will pay you 500 dollars if you present science showing that life evolved from non life here on earth.
    If you do you will also collect a nobel prize.

-----
    I have never seen more than 2 minutes of harry potter. It held no interest for me at all.

Yoga is another story. I mediated during the 80s. But, I purposely focused on non spiritual things.... because I believe the difference between east and west is significant.

This is my belief is not the churches.

I think there is room in us for transcendence... you may fill it with music or art or sports or perhaps beer or drugs for a while but you will probably at some point desire more.

You have a choice to consider... east or west so to speak

Will I fill that void myself, will I try and become God or should I seek communion with the Creator who is not myself.

I believe anytime spent trying to turn yourself into God is likely counterproductive or worse.

#13     Nov 30, 2011
  4. nice dance around the question designed to cover up that you actually do believe yoga is satanic.

"Ridicule is the only weapon which can be used against unintellig_ible propositio_ns. Ideas must be distinct before reason can act upon them; and no man ever had a distinct idea of the trinity. It is the mere Abracadabr_a of the mountebank_s calling themselves the priests of Jesus."
    -- Thomas Jefferson, letter to Francis Adrian Van der Kemp July 30, 1816, denouncing the doctrine of the Trinity and suggesting it to be so riddled in falsehood that only an authoritar_ian figure could decipher its meaning and, with a firm grip on people's spiritual and mental freedoms, thus convince the people of its truthfulne_ss

#14     Nov 30, 2011

5. This assumes that the physical world is the base point for all events though. You can't know that all base points start in the physical world.

If you dont get what I mean, then think of the physical world like a dream, but a dream you have never woke up from. In the dream its nearly impossible to get proof that something exists outside the dream unless someone is whispering something in your ear telling you its a dream which you then incorporate into the dream.

#15     Nov 30, 2011
  6. jem

jem

My opinion was dumbed down for you and still far beyond your ken.

Why don't you learn about yoga... what it means and what it attempts to accomplish for some... then see if my answer was a dance or the key.

#16     Nov 30, 2011
  7. it doesnt matter what yoga is or does. the fact that satan is a figment of the religious imagination,and does not exist in reality, means that harry potter and yoga cant be satanic.

#17     Nov 30, 2011
  8. jem

jem

I forgot your fundamentalist church background - when you wrote satan you really meant the guy with the horns, red cape and trident...

I can see why my answer did not register with you.

I saw the word satan -- and thought you were being more allegorical... more of evil in general... harmful, evil or bad, twisted, screwed up, pyschosis.

#18     Nov 30, 2011
  9. Lucrum

Lucrum

Hmm...is Free from Thinking Satan maybe? :p

#19     Nov 30, 2011
  10. I don't call myself a Christian, but I've actually read parts of scripture. What I learned is that 99% of those criticizing scripture have not read any of it, much of it, know any historical context and generally are quite ignorant. They wouldn't even know the outline of an Introduction to Religions 101 course, let alone be able to honestly participate in a class discussion. I'm speaking from some experience having said some of those things myself in the past.

Perhaps there isn't anything about religion itself to be against, but more specifically the twisting and manipulation of it.

For example, any tool can be used for good or evil. A knife, a torch, a vehicle and yes scripture as well. The question becomes, is the person doing evil using the tool properly? For its intended purpose? If not, that doesn't make the tool (religion) bad, it makes misusing that tool bad!

Let the cognitive dissonance begin.

#20     Dec 3, 2011