crazy christian: if you pray god will get rid of that black guy in november.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Aug 3, 2012.

1. Ralph Reed says that if Christians beg God's forgiveness for what they have allowed to happen to America, then God will have mercy on this nation in November.(and get rid of the black guy)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cb98uyjoxPM&feature=g-all-u

the only question i have is. if obama wins does that mean god wants obama to win and republicans will accept him? or does it mean there is nothing up there?

2. wildchild

wildchild

He made no mention of Obama's race so it appears the only person obsessed with Obama's race is YOU.

3. jem

jem

or non thinker, it means God chooses not to intervene as the rights guaranteed to us by our Constitution are trampled upon by dishonest big govt men and cheered on by leftists like you.

4. so jesus lies?

then something is seriously amiss. Simply look at the facts. In Matthew 7:7 Jesus says:

Ask, and it will be given you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you. For every one who asks receives, and he who seeks finds, and to him who knocks it will be opened. Or what man of you, if his son asks him for bread, will give him a stone? Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a serpent? If you then, who are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things to those who ask him!
    If "every one who asks receives", then if we ask for cancer to be cured, it should be cured. Right? If "our Father who is in heaven gives good things to those who ask him", then if we ask him to cure cancer, he should cure it. Right? And yet nothing happens.
    In Matthew 17:20 Jesus says:

For truly, I say to you, if you have faith as a grain of mustard seed, you will say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there,' and it will move; and nothing will be impossible to you.
    If "nothing will be impossible to you", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should disappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note that if we take the Bible less-than-literally here, the statement "nothing will be impossible to you" becomes "lots of things will be impossible to you," and that would mean that Jesus is lying.
    In Matthew 21:21:

I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done. If you believe, you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer.
    If "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", then if we ask to cure cancer tonight, cancer should dissappear. Right? Yet nothing happens. Note again that there is not a non-literal way to interpret "you will receive whatever you ask for in prayer", unless you replace "whatever" with "nothing" or "little."
    The message is reiterated Mark 11:24:

Therefore I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours.
    If God says, "believe that you have received it, and it will be yours," and if we believe in God and his power, then what should happen if we pray to cure cancer tonight? It should be cured. Either that, or God is lying.
    In John chapter 14, verses 12 through 14, Jesus tells all of us just how easy prayer can be:

"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." [ref]
    Look at how direct this statement is: "You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it." This is the "Son of God" speaking. Have we taken him "too literally?" No. This is a simple, unambiguous statement. Have we taken his statement "out of context?" No - Jesus uses the word anyone. Yet Jesus' statement is obviously false. Because when we ask God to cure cancer tonight, nothing happens.
    We see the same thing over and over again...

In Matthew 18:19 Jesus says:

Again I say to you, if two of you agree on earth about anything they ask, it will be done for them by my Father in heaven. For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I in the midst of them.
    In James 5:15-16 the Bible says:
    And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up. If he has sinned, he will be forgiven. Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous man is powerful and effective.
    In Mark 9:23:
    All things are possible to him who believes.
    In Luke 1:37:
    For with God nothing will be impossible.
    Nothing could be simpler or clearer than Jesus' promises about prayer in the Bible. Yet, when we pray to eliminate cancer, nothing happens.
    And keep in mind that this is Jesus talking here. These are not the words of human beings. These are not the words of "inspired" human beings. These are supposedly the words of God himself, incarnated in a human body. Jesus is supposed to be a perfect, sinless being. And yet, it is obvious that Jesus is lying. What Jesus says is clearly incorrect.

http://godisimaginary.com/i1.htm

5. jem

jem

you really are a binary thinking fundamentalist aren't you.

to me those passages on faith are beautiful and educational.
    to you they are a failed unilateral contract.

to me, you have to have faith in God's promise that he is looking out for you ... to you, you are pissed you did not get a new flat screen.

6. Ricter

Ricter

You read the Bible (ver. 2.0, I never could get into the goat entrails and such of ver 1.0), and then you listen to a "Christian" like this guy, and you have to shake your head--so far off message.

7. obama already threw the legit black guy(van jones) under the bus , what more do you want?

oama isn't black he's more like a potato left out at room temp too long.

His white mother makes him at least 50% which is why his IQ might be as high as 100. Which is quite an accomplishment for someone who forrest gumped* his way to the presidency.

*( showed up and smiled for the purty camera when he was told to, and read the script/teleprompter when cued)

8. 50% which is why his IQ might be as high as 100? No racist crap there. Making fun of a person's skin color is as low brow, racist, childish, uneducated kind of crap that can be. I guess those with the gay gene can only be 50 IQ because they don't like to have sex with women? What a joke.

9. You won't miss anything if you put him on ignore except what you just said about him. Him, 377 and lucrum are all ignorant psychopaths.

10. I would be funny if it weren't so tragic that so many numb-skulls believe this kind of crap.

#10     Aug 3, 2012