crazy christian:god sent the 911 terrorists to murder americans.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Mav88

Mav88

you are not reading me correctly. I'm saying I never claimed to be here to defend science, unlike FT. I'm not here to take up that mantle. What I do hold up as my own values is to carefully observe the world before forming opinion, and then holding the option of changing my mind. Very unlike most who create a set of internal values then make the world fit.

Politics by its very nature is polarizing since politics is all about one's point of view, no avoiding that. Many people develope and hold political beliefs in the very same way religious people do as I have pointed out many times.

I'm pointing out history. Quantum mechanics flourished in Europe from 1900-1935, then in the united states. We were democracies, but still religious. The point is that the majority Christians support secular government and scence when they could have quashed it. It has been a very fruitful coexistance, one you will not find with muslims or communists.

Of course not comparable, the question is can science flourish with young earthers around. With the exception of geology and evolution, the answer is yes since they even join in.

You'll have to do some reading. Postmodern cultural studies was an entire movement of academics that tried to establish science as just another belief system no more special than any other. They went so far as to call it racist and sexist since many scientists were white men, funny they didn't notice all those asians. Sokal was trying to expose them for the anti-itellectual losers they were. I think liberal arts professors were envious of the prestige and power of science, so they invented some crap to tear it down. Very dangerous stuff, if you are not trained then you can't see the difference. Just as 'paranormal' folks prey on the instincts of the public.

I was simply saying one was a greater threat than the other by pointing out that it had been institutionalized by the left. You are putting scientists on too high a pedestal. If the political environment is strong enough, then certain scientific 'results' will not be questioned with enough force to change them in the near future.

Christians helped write those laws, why do you keep ignoring that? Laws are malleable ideas that can be rewritten or reinterpreted, it happens all the time. The are only as good as the people creating and enforcing them. Muslims are demanding Norway and Sweden create Sharia enclaves for them, they will soon get their wish.

we are currently in two wars because of Islamic extremism... creationism is more a problem???

sure, long after they get their agenda established and we all pay a huge price, someone might say 'oops'. I'm not willing to wait that long, I have witness too many scientific endeavors where a lot of time and money could have been saved if better people would have stod up earlier but were too intimidated to do so.

You keep reading a biased filter on. Never did I say I supported the YEC, never. My entire point is that I am weighing the relative dangers. Creationsism bring down reason? C'mon man, in a world where we have astrology, bigfoot hunters, psychics, communists, muslims, etc you are claiming this small group of creationists would turn reason itself on its head? No way. Don't stop opposing them, but no way.

I have pointed out, as are you. Never once did I support creationism.

Feynman was pointing out that western civiliazation was built on these two 'pillars', not that it will always be, but that is my point.

#31     Nov 18, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

pertinacious\per-tuh-NAY-shus\

adjective

b : perversely persistent

#32     Nov 18, 2012
  3. So much so and so repetitive that stu is the only poser I have on ignore basically for spamming.

#33     Nov 18, 2012
  4. No, you have him ignore because he is intelligent and right.

#34     Nov 18, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Then I assume YOU have me on ignore for the same reason. :D

#35     Nov 18, 2012
  6. Well at least you have a sense of humor.:D

#36     Nov 18, 2012