crazy christian:all legislation should be cleared by preachers before passing

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Of the death toll?

Your communist friends had quite a run.

#21     Oct 11, 2012
  2. Ricter

Ricter

So I win on the theocracy in America question. Better luck next time.

#22     Oct 12, 2012
  3. Islam says that its ok to steal from non-muslims, so no, I dont think all faiths agree that stealing is bad.

And the bible has more things that are not common sense. For instance...in the old testament it says not to eat pork. Scientists today have found that eating 1.4 oz of pork per day (thats like 1 slice of bacon) increases your risk of colon cancer by over 20%. And the thing I mentioned earlier about washing your hands in running water. Not really common sense stuff(although it might be today) but if doctors were not doing it in the 1800s, then it wasnt really common sense, was it? Many other examples to keep one clean and healthy and society happy, but I doubt the non-believers would listen. They would rather kill the Christians because we point the finger at them when they do wrong and they dont want feel guilty in their sin.

#23     Oct 12, 2012
  4. stu

stu

Recipe for religious doctrine, clairvoyants and voodoo in general.

First, claim ownership of anything from the past which people were already doing for obvious reasons.
    Second, avoid mentioning some really batty bits plagiarized from previous religious beliefs which would sound really too ridiculous by today's standards.
    Third, tack on a strawman, constructed usually around science or knowledge in general.
    Finally, make the pretence for some biblical divine revelation about things people would do anyway.

#24     Oct 12, 2012
  5. when white christians stole the land from the indians i suppose that was different?

"When the missionaries came to Africa
    They had the Bible and we had the land.
    They said "Let us pray." We closed our eyes.
    When we opened them we had the Bible and they had the land."
    Bishop Desmond Tutu.

#25     Oct 12, 2012
  6. You probably mean pork that has been cured with nitrates, which
    become nitrosamines after ingestion and which are carcinogenic. Pork back in the day of the Old Testament wasn't cured with nitrates. Jews probably avoided pork back then because of trichinosis.

But if you take vitamin C with nitrate cured meat it disrupts the production of nitrosamines.

#26     Oct 12, 2012