Crazy airport security theater affecting travel & economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Nov 19, 2010.

1. This country has gone crazy beyond common sense, just because one giant lie to begins with. I think if this lie continue, we will and should see naked body scanner in every shopping mall, school, and government buildings, except white house, and CIA headquarters.

I say this body scanner and pat down are not enough for security of anywhere, we need naked body cavity search now, and no one should be exempted, unlike now, pilots, few wealthy "VIP", Muslim woman are exempted from naked body scan and pat down. if this trend continue, people getting exempted will as large as this so-called do-not-fly list. what good is this for security anyway? Security is not for joke, fuck sake, let's get real serious about security, everyone should be butt naked after entering airports.

#51     Nov 21, 2010
  2. Frostie

Frostie

Preparing us for some much more serious in the future. Look for more checkpoints in your local community!

#52     Nov 21, 2010
  3. Who the hell told you Muslim women are exempt? Check your facts before you post crap on here.

#53     Nov 21, 2010
  4. I have no problem being physically patted down all over if thats what it takes get on a safer plane. If you don't want to do the scan OR the physical search then take a greyhound bus or WALK to your destination !!

** REALITY CHECK: we live in a much unsafer world now, so get used to it !!

#54     Nov 21, 2010
  5. EL AL airlines uses profiling AND a barrage of questioning to screen their passengers. I have flown that airline, they don't fuck around !!

How far do you think that would fly here with the ACLU and civil libertarians all over that ? Citizens here wouldnt even be open to constant questioning by airport security like El Al does, they(ppl here) would start screaming harassement. The fact of the matter is that people here in the U.S. are spoiled brats and are so used to having it easy pre 9-11, that whats happening now is like culture shock to them. It will take them years to adapt and accept the inevitable fact that we live in a much more hostile world now. Living in a terrorist plotting world and getting on your plane without hassles is a fantasy. Wake up ppl !!!!

#55     Nov 21, 2010
  6. You are a fucking shill, too stupid to read news, huh, Janet Neapolitan said it on news, will reconsider TSA's position on naked body scanning and pat down procedures on some Muslim woman after CAIR's complaining.

Why the fucking shill like yourself hate 4th Amendment Constitution of United States? You are hating American. I bet you don't like being a American and don't have any idea what constitution is.

You are enjoy watching some stranger squeezing tits of your wife, or mother, and touching your child's genital, you are really fucking unbelievable.

#56     Nov 21, 2010
  7. Pekelo

Pekelo

But it doesn't. Unless EVERY incoming plane's passenger was patted down, the system is faulty. And then there is still the chance to get to be blown up AT the airport, BEFORE the security check...

#57     Nov 21, 2010
  8. LEAPup

LEAPup

Agreed.
    I just think the scanners, and ignorant beuracratic tactics are futile, and shows our ignorance. Questions, and/or profiling would be more effective, and less stupid.
    A scanner is one thing. Having a group of guys on the plane dressed in plain clothes, armed with an uzi, and willing to shoot first is another... That's every flight on El Al airlines from what I know.

Air marshalls are not on every flight. Would be impossible from what the air marshall wife of a cop I know says. They do flights out of major cities, cross country flights, and are apparently on all trans ocean flights. But not all... El Al is on all of them. I.e., the terror shit heads don't pick on El Al. They go elsewhere. Why can't the US figure this out by studying an airline that's never had an issue?

#58     Nov 21, 2010
  9. Mayhem

Mayhem

Wow, that's sick:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSQTz1bccL4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/XSQTz1bccL4?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#59     Nov 21, 2010
  10. Had I been POTUS on the morning of Sept. 12th, 2001, Riyadh, Tehran, Bagdad and about 1/3 of Afghanistan would be glow-in-the-dark depressions in the earth, and the "War on Terror" would be over.
    fwiw, imho, and ymmv.

#60     Nov 21, 2010