Crazy airport security theater affecting travel & economy?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by hippie, Nov 19, 2010.

1. #11     Nov 19, 2010
  2. #12     Nov 19, 2010
  3. I keep waiting for some smart ass to approach a full body scanner wearing a trench coat and drop it off to reveal that he is completely nude as he walks through it...saying: "You wanted to see me naked, well here I am."

It would be awesome if a female did it, but there are not too many female public nudists.

#13     Nov 19, 2010
  4. You should see a psychatrist

#14     Nov 19, 2010
  5. TSA agents have immunity? Have they been granted law enforcement powers?

These guys charge $10 on average round trip.
    O'hare screens over 200,000 each day.

This airport generates close to a $1B in security fees each yea.

Just like the toll roads, this is a cash cow that those in charge will never let go. They will go more high tech and keep jacking this travel tax...
    Where there is fear mongering there is margin & profits to be made.

#15     Nov 19, 2010
  6. Why? You know someone will eventually do it as a form of protest. Besides I drive psychiatrists crazy. ; )

#16     Nov 19, 2010
  7. drcha

drcha

They recently pulled me out of line and gave me the full search when I did not respond to the agent who looked at my ID and said to me, "Ms. Chandler?" He was obviously irritated that I did not immediately answer. So what, now I have to socialize with them, too??!!:confused:

#17     Nov 19, 2010
  8. not a bad idea, but can they sniff out non-metallic weapons like acrylic knives? a full-body scanner can see it

#18     Nov 19, 2010
  9. i wonder about the safety of those smaller private jets. the pilots are not as experienced and the planes have less mechanical redundancy than large passenger airliners.

#19     Nov 19, 2010
  10. I have no problem with a dog sniffing me or my belongings. I don't like the X-ray or pat-down. Any idea how fast they can breed and train enough dogs? May be the unemployed can get jobs training dogs.

By the way, dogs don't always work. I smuggled orchid plants via JFK. The dogs sniffed my stuff, didn't find my contraband. lol

#20     Nov 19, 2010